Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reflex sight & mount

FWSixgunner

I've been very happy with a Vortex Venom & Allchin Mount.  I've not had any issues with finding the dot.  I had a DPP on a Jpoint mount & it seemed a little higher, not bad, just like the 6mm dot a LOT better than the 7.5mm triangle.

Edited by pskys2

38 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

To get the lowest bore axis don’t you need a 90degree mount?  Ie the BMT Kickstand or the Allchin mount & the 90 degree mount.

Yes. But I think this question is for a reflex sight

I’ve considered building a mount to mount one upside down.

22 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

To get the lowest bore axis don’t you need a 90degree mount?  Ie the BMT Kickstand or the Allchin mount & the 90 degree mount.

But it also adds a lot of weight & at an awkward position.  I played with a buddy's, didn't shoot though, & didn't see a difference.  Buddy has since gone to an Allchin I believe.

Now for a traditional C-more I think it does make a difference.

44 minutes ago, pskys2 said:

But it also adds a lot of weight & at an awkward position.  I played with a buddy's, didn't shoot though, & didn't see a difference.  Buddy has since gone to an Allchin I believe.

Now for a traditional C-more I think it does make a difference.

It’s 3oz heavier than the allchin/rts2 combo. 

What the 90 degree mount does better than everything else is index better, especially with one hand. The advantage of being able to see the barrel and or  front sight is huge.