Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ernie Hill hardware....

Dranoel

Finally tracked down a couple Ernie Hill Fas-Trac holsters on (gasp) e-bay. Both in good condition overall but the 5" is missing the screw that crosses under the trigger guard and along with it the washer/grommet. Tried looking on different holster and leather sites but I cant seem to find a proper match. Anyone know a good source for one?

DSCN1275.JPG

The Ernie Hill holster and pouches set that I bought some time ago was pretty complete. It was missing 2 short screws from the backside of the pouches and the tubing for the long screw of the holster.

Hardware stores only have metric screws here - but a shoe repair shop had some Ice Hockey gear stuff. I got two screws that are the right length and thread.

A hardware store had rolls of tubing, so I bought a small piece. It was supposed to be 4mm internal diameter but was slightly tight anyway. Not so tight that I couldn't use it.

ernie.jpg

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Not exactly Chicago screws. The screw goes into barrel with a disk head that has three spikes that go into the leather. But on closer examination I think someone severely over-tightened the screw at some point and the spikes cut a nice round hole in the leather. So I may have to go the Chicago screw/Corby bolt route.