Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Making dummy .38 special rounds to practice my reloads?

ysrracer

I shoot a S&W 627 in ICORE, and want to make some dummy rounds to practice my reloads. My problem is I reload on my buddy's 1050, and we're all on lockdown. 

Can I take loaded rounds, use a bullet puller, dump the powder, fill the case with WD40, "fire" the gun to dimple the primer, then stuff the bullet back in?

I don't want to just fire the primer, because my neighbors are close, and might not appreciate it.

Thought?

Edited by ysrracer

that's what I did just pop them off in an old towel just make sure you don't get it burning lol seat the bullets back in and bingo there you go use a black marker and mark the ends so there's no mistaking them  

2 hours ago, ysrracer said:

I shoot a S&W 627 in ICORE, and want to make some dummy rounds to practice my reloads. My problem is I reload on my buddy's 1050, and we're all on lockdown. 

Can I take loaded rounds, use a bullet puller, dump the powder, fill the case with WD40, "fire" the gun to dimple the primer, then stuff the bullet back in?

I don't want to just fire the primer, because my neighbors are close, and might not appreciate it.

Thought?

Turn the TV loud on some action movie, go into the bathroom, flip the toilet seat up, stick muzzle of your pistola into the toilet bowl with the muzzle below the seat and fire the empty primed cases.  They aren't that loud, just don't stick the muzzle into the toilet water !!!  If you want a little extra insurance, do as MRBerg suggests and wrap it in an old towel.  That always works in the movies!

Don't count on WD40 to kill the primers!  

18 hours ago, Ming the Merciless said:

Turn the TV loud on some action movie, go into the bathroom, flip the toilet seat up, stick muzzle of your pistola into the toilet bowl with the muzzle below the seat and fire the empty primed cases.

Sounds like I'd take a "poop water" shower :)