Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL1100 CAN you move the swage station to the other side lik the CP2000?

I really like how the CP2000 can have the swage station moved to the other side of the press.   This would allow the swager to be in the normal spot but then put in the Immortobot Primer Pocket Probe  at station 7 on the other side to confirm the primer pockets are in good shape.   BUT if I am going to go to the cost to automate another press and install the sensors,  for the $400 more, to just get the RL1100 so it can do double duty.  Mainly for resale too, I doubt a case processor sells as fast as a reloading machine when the time comes to sell. 

For now I am running two 1050 with Ammobots and after 4 months on order I received the Immorto sensors I ordered. (for one machine)   I like them so much I am going to order another set of sensors for the other 1050 and am kicking around getting enough to do a dedicated case prep machine since the first set took so long. 

Maybe someone with th RL1100 can post a photo of the left side of the press.   

@chevrofreak I saw that too on the AmmoBot website you have to call Dillon and order the parts to set up the 2nd primer pocket station.   The few photos I have seen of the RL1100 it looks like the frame casting is same as the CP2000.   Attached is the drawing from AmmoBot showing the parts you have to buy from Dillon.   The plate part number #13064 looks like it goes on the two cast threaded points on the left side of the frame. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.07.02 PM.png

1 hour ago, helocat said:

Maybe someone with th RL1100 can post a photo of the left side of the press.   

@chevrofreak I saw that too on the AmmoBot website you have to call Dillon and order the parts to set up the 2nd primer pocket station.   The few photos I have seen of the RL1100 it looks like the frame casting is same as the CP2000.   Attached is the drawing from AmmoBot showing the parts you have to buy from Dillon.   The plate part number #13064 looks like it goes on the two cast threaded points on the left side of the frame. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 4.07.02 PM.png

helo:

From this pic (post #2) it appears the holes are there.....but does the tool head need that window that's on the right side?

:)

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp