Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safairilands 010 Holster For Glocks

ghost21

Guys,

Need some help!

I am looking at Safarilands Model 010 tactical holster for glocks.I am wanting a holster ,with good retention,to be able to use my G34 with c-more scope ,and carver mount.

Has anyone had any experience with this holster and if so ,Does it have good retention on the glock?

Any replies wil be very appreiciated.

Thanks

Jeff

+1 on the CR Speed. I used a Safariland 007 for my Glock before and was never comfortable picking up stuff without holding the gun to prevent it from falling. I used the 010 for my 1911 and was happy with it. I just make sure I tighten the retention screw all way to prevent the gun from falling.

I have tried the CR speed holster and have found it to be to jerky on the draw.

I looked on Safarilands web site and saw the 010 ! its a tactical holster

My bad guys,I didnt read everything about the 010.

It isnt made for glocks.

Thanks for the imput anyways

Edited by ghost21

You might want to elaborate on what you think makes it jerky for you. There are many experienced shooter here who like the CR Speed and don't find it jerky for them. Perhaps modifying your draw somehow? Please elaborate.

your glock's trigger guard might be too tight in the holster causing it to rub and raising the whole rig during the draw. try to remove or add spacers.

i had to make my own spacers to get the right amount of tension holding the pistol's trigger guard to my liking.

If you have a 1911 CR Speed, then you will likely experience some jerkiness when drawing a glock from it. :)

Also...and highly likely...if the CR Speed isn't worn more to the side, then you won't get a smooth draw from it. Wearing the CR Speed forward, in the appendix position, means that you are trying to draw thru the side of the holster a bit.

Guys

Thanks for all the good info. I may have to get another cr speed holster.The one I tried was one that had been modified by "THE GREAT" Bobby Carver! I tired adjusting on it and on the tension ,but I could not get it to my liking. My draw straight up out of the holster ,would try and bring the holster up ,no matter how I adjusted the tension,maybe I was doing something wrong> I will have to get one and give it another try!

Thanks

Jeff