Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rebarreling My Super To 9mm

OPENB

I have a Schuemann barreled open gun with Bedell comp. I had been using .355 Hornady FMJ's. I used a case of .356's, and now I get key-holing and erratic accuracy. I found a post recently about not going back and forth, but too late. I had been looking for reason to re-barrel in 9mm anyhow, so now that I'm ready, I can't find a decent barrel. The simple solution is to get a Clark/Para Schuemann from Brownells, but they are out of stock, and Shooter's Connection took them off the website. I've been reading the problems with KKM's chambering, and do not feel like fighting with the guy about it. Anyone have a suggestion on a decent barrel for a decent price at a decent wait

I dunno what kinda ramp it is or the cost of just the barrel, I bought a pre-fit slide, frame and barrel for about $1400. Best suggestion is just call Bob at Brazos he can give you all the details.

How come? I think it's easier to machine a frame for the Clark cut. Is there a supply problem or demand? I don't suppose I could modify the ramp bottom of a W/N to fit in my Clark frame, could I? But Brownell's is out of W/N Schuemann's as well, so I guess I'm stuck with my key-holing Super for now. Suggestions still welcome.