Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PPQ Q5 SF 17 round magazine to 20 round

ohsevenflhx

I use the Walther 17 round magazines because my hands are big enough that I hang over the grips. I got some 20 round magazine extensions but they don't mate up to the grips like the 17 round magazines. I ordered some Grams 320 mag springs and followers and put them into the Walther 17 round magazines and now I can load 20 rounds into the 17 round magazine. Only 19 reloadable, but 19 is better than 17, and I still have the grip extension. 

https://grabagun.com/walther-2796694-magazine-ppq-m2-9mm.html

https://benstoegerproshop.com/sig-p320-magazine-spring-and-follower-kit-by-grams-engineering/

On 3/10/2020 at 7:18 PM, ohsevenflhx said:

I Only 19 reloadable, but 19 is better than 17, and I still have the grip extension. 

What do you mean by "reloadable" - sorry if I'm being dense.  I assume you need a special spring with the Grams followers?  I have a couple of TF extensions - to 23 ish.  Could I use gain some rounds with the Grams and a different spring?  Maybe get to 25?

Thanks

Phil   

10 minutes ago, philmadxx said:

What do you mean by "reloadable" - sorry if I'm being dense.  I assume you need a special spring with the Grams followers?  I have a couple of TF extensions - to 23 ish.  Could I use gain some rounds with the Grams and a different spring?  Maybe get to 25?

Thanks

Phil   

Reloadable means they can easily seat with that  number of rounds - you don’t have to drive it in with a full force hammer blow. It’s common to have to download many extended magazines by one round so that you can effortlessly insert them (while running) underneath a closed slide. 

I posted the combination I’m running to get a 23 round walther PPQ / Q5 magazine. This combination clicks into the gun just as easily as an unmodified factory mag:

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Thanks - 23 would be nice - my combination only gets me 21, not 23 as I stated earlier - and they're Springer Precision, not Taylor Freelance - Brain malfunction.  I'm wondering if the springs would work with the Grams followers and give me an extra round or two.

Thanks

Phil 

On 3/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, philmadxx said:

Thanks - 23 would be nice - my combination only gets me 21, not 23 as I stated earlier - and they're Springer Precision, not Taylor Freelance - Brain malfunction.  I'm wondering if the springs would work with the Grams followers and give me an extra round or two.

Thanks

Phil 

Nope. The grams spring & follower utilize a 2011-style method of attaching to each other. 

You need a grams or other 2011-style spring for a grams or TTI follower.