Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SW22 Victory Questions

nhglyn

Just bought a nice (slightly used) SW22 Victory to plink with and teach my grandson how to shoot with.  It shoots really well, I like it a lot.  

Just 2 questions:

1.  Why is it so very hard to rack the slide?  He (12 years old) could not do it and it is reasonable hard for me to.  Anyone know why and is there a fix?

2.  With the slide stop engaged  why is it even harder to push down on slide stop to disengage it?  Is there a fix?

Has anyone had similar issues?  Thanks for any help.

31 minutes ago, nhglyn said:

Just bought a nice (slightly used) SW22 Victory to plink with and teach my grandson how to shoot with.  It shoots really well, I like it a lot.  

Just 2 questions:

1.  Why is it so very hard to rack the slide?  He (12 years old) could not do it and it is reasonable hard for me to.  Anyone know why and is there a fix?

2.  With the slide stop engaged  why is it even harder to push down on slide stop to disengage it?  Is there a fix?

Has anyone had similar issues?  Thanks for any help.

1. Mine is similar. However after several thousand rounds its a fair bit easier. I find it easiest to push with my grip hand more than pulling the slide. 

2. Try not using the slide lock. Its very easy when its locked back.

Additional notes:

*Watch the safety. I invariably engage it quickly when shooting left handed and don't notice its engaged. This led to some embarrassment as I had never used safeties on pistols at first thought the firearm was broken...:-)

*Fiber optic can get dirty, especially with dirty .22 rimfire ammo. Just be aware.

Mine is very easy to rack the slide. Have you had the recoil spring out of your pistol? It’s tricky to get it and the guide rod back in place. I wonder if you have somehow put it back in wrong or on a bind?

• 2 weeks later...