Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've been talking with Sandy over the last month or so, and yes, you guessed it - I'm now a dealer for SVI. It started out like this - We originally talked because I wanted to sell his small cool stuff, like the tri-glide trigger parts, hammers, sears... And then I had this brilliant idea that he could burn me a hammer with some cool logo in it, you know, a be.com signature model. After all I was inspirational in the final geometry of both the hammer and sear. So, after a time or two, we came with a "doable" hammer spur. It looks pretty cool. Then, I wondered, if I'm going to stock and sell those parts, I might as well sell mags, since I've spent so much time blacksmithing mags and telling others how to do it. Maybe I ought to sell a customed blacksmithed mag, I wondered. I don't know, it might be just to much work for the return. It's not like I'm not crazy busy all the time as it is. So, what do you guys think might sell on be.com? I will stock the parts, so I don't want to get to crazy. Maybe like I'm doing with Wilson right now. Just the cool stuff. (Which reminds me; I gotta get those pages built because I'm settin on a bunch of stuff.) In addition to what I stock, I could take orders for guns or larger components as well... but, I'm not certain how deep I want to go there.

be

I was wondering when this would happen!!!  What great news!  

Stuff that comes to mind are replacement tubes, followers, the Enos trigger, the clothing.  If you are going to go full in and get your FFL, frame kits and full on guns.  I don't know if this could happen, but what would just the katz azz would be a Brian Enos "Signature" limited gun.  Man, its nice to dream.

(Edited by BigDave at 10:49 am on Jan. 18, 2002)

All this talk about singlestack stuff has got me thinking, whats your opinion of Sandys singlestacks? Compared to other on the market? I shot a couple at the Nationals and thought they were awesome. Cleaned that Texas wheel (or whatever its called) with a 5".45...5 shots 5 plates (Now theres a test ) Seemed to be an excellent gun, any idea about price?

.40 or .45?

Also..I see Sandy doesn't market it with a mag well, what do you think?...A Wilson...do you  (or will you) carry Wilsons magwells?

Time to go out and teach the fat gun boys a lesson

Pat

(Edited by Pat Harrison at 5:16 am on Jan. 20, 2002)

Pat,

I was just going to say (after reading some of your other post)...it looks like you are gearing up to shoot the Lim10 in Berry.  

Since you have the single-stack coming, and you shoot the double-wides loaded to 10, keep us updated.

(Don't forget, we're not all GM's around here...dumb it down for the little guys (me).)

Actually my origional though was to shoot production at Barry, maybe get a glock or something. But since I've already got all the accessories for a singlestack (except quality mags) it would be cheaper for me to go this route.

Don't worry, I don't think its possible for me to be anything other than 'dumbed down' :)

I was just dryfiring my old Springfield .45 (realizing it still needs alot of work) but its fun to get going with it again.

I prefer single stacks for the most part, they just feel a bit better for me, I wish Open had stopped progressing at the point where single stack supers with BoMars were the rage, like the one on the cover of BE's book. (saw one on the table at the Nationals last year..a Wilson supergrade DP/LE in Super...almost bought it.)

Watching TGO kick ass at Area 1 was cool too, that SS 6" looked pretty hot. And I suspect if they redo the math, Robbie probably would have won Limited outright, not just Lim 10. He beat Open times on a couple of stages!

Pat

Quote: from Pat Harrison on 4:25 pm on Jan. 20, 2002

Watching TGO kick ass at Area 1 was cool too, that SS 6" looked pretty hot. And I suspect if they redo the math, Robbie probably would have won Limited outright, not just Lim 10. He beat Open times on a couple of stages!

Pat

Good bet.

I just happen to have the Area-1 match files on my computer, and re-ran the math.  If he had been in Limited (rather than Limited-10), he would have won handily - the Limited match winner would have been second at about 91%

In fact, Robbie would have been 5th in Open, at about 89%!

Bruce

Pat,

I have a SV singlestack, it's, as expected - rock solid. Although I haven't shot it much - I'm just an ol' timer gone fat body - it handled very nicely when I did. And of course the fit and finish is the best ever.

be