Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need recommendations for a smith to replace a broken bbl in sight tracker

ironman5669

I can’t view the pic. What is a bbl? Bull barrel lug? I had a barrel lug crack this past season, I contacted infinity and they took care of the issue and fit a new barrel. I purchased the gun second hand and they stepped up and took care of the issue, I only had to pay shipping to and from. 

57B54DD5-DE71-4BDF-943F-4C7B98E7B290.jpeg

for a 42 gallon barrel of oil,,  
Stands for Blue Barrel,  Which were made by standard oil when barrels were all different shapes and sizes. So folks would specify BBL  so they would know it was an exact amount, vs the generic term barrel.
Had to look that one up. I love old terms and their history..
SOrta like buttload, butt plug, etc... A butt was a keg of a certain size used for beer or wine. and the plug plugged said keg. Had nothing to do with human anatomy.

Edited by Joe4d

12 hours ago, Joe4d said:

for a 42 gallon barrel of oil,,  
Stands for Blue Barrel,  Which were made by standard oil when barrels were all different shapes and sizes. So folks would specify BBL  so they would know it was an exact amount, vs the generic term barrel.
Had to look that one up. I love old terms and their history..
SOrta like buttload, butt plug, etc... A butt was a keg of a certain size used for beer or wine. and the plug plugged said keg. Had nothing to do with human anatomy.

I personally like the phrase Bunghole. My dad was in the beer business and called everybody bungholes instead of a_-holes. LOL