Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Open shotgun - Kalashnikov USA + Dissident Arms Komp-12

avastcosmicarena

Ish? Veprs and Saigas tend not to like low brass target loads very much from the factory. I think you can tune around this, but I'm not entirely sure on that. Anyway, my guess would be that if you had one built, you'd get the gas system tuned and then listen to what your smith said the gun should shoot.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 8:35 AM, parvusimperator said:

Ish? Veprs and Saigas tend not to like low brass target loads very much from the factory. I think you can tune around this, but I'm not entirely sure on that. Anyway, my guess would be that if you had one built, you'd get the gas system tuned and then listen to what your smith said the gun should shoot.

From what I’ve seen it’s gun dependent with the VEPR. Mine shot Federal bulk pack with no modification or break in. Some need a couple hundred rounds before they will, others need work.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:35 AM, AKJD said:

From what I’ve seen it’s gun dependent with the VEPR. Mine shot Federal bulk pack with no modification or break in. Some need a couple hundred rounds before they will, others need work.

I'm glad yours ran well!

I haven't seen that, but I haven't seen a ton of examples either, so maybe my buddies and I have bad luck?

Did you mod your Vepr at all?

my KL12, obviously thoroughly worked over, has cycled every light load other than the 980fps low recoil ammo i've thrown at her like 1oz@1180 and such, but locally most of the stock or nearly stock saigas, veprs, lynx, cheetahs, etc seem to want much hotter like 1-1/8@1350 to run reliably so i'm not surprised to see others needing hot ammo too.

• 2 years later...

holy old thread but i absolutely love my dissident shot gun.   I have had a 1919 and an xrail beneli and this is by far the best one ever. It will run high quality 1235fps shells without a hiccup.