Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

m&p 2.0 vs C.O.R.E pro series

JerseyGuy

Hey Guys and Ladies, I have a 5" M&P 2.0 . I have removed the safety(filled with plugs) and installed an Apex flat trigger--- absolutely love the gun!

Now I am getting the itch to play with a red dot--

any help with 1.0 Core-- pro or PC with apex ---vs 2.0?

4.25 vs 5" with a red dot? I know 5" is better for sights..

ported or no? thanks!

Hey Guys and Ladies, I have a 5" M&P 2.0 . I have removed the safety(filled with plugs) and installed an Apex flat trigger--- absolutely love the gun!
Now I am getting the itch to play with a red dot--
 any help with 1.0 Core-- pro or PC with apex ---vs 2.0?
4.25 vs 5" with a red dot? I know 5" is better for sights..
ported or no? thanks!
You live in Jersey?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’m not sure what you are asking?

If you want to play in USPSA, forget the ported barrel unless you are willing to shoot in Open. Which would put you at a distinct disadvantage.

What is it specifically that you wish to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I actually took a 2.0 and turned it into a 9major open gun. 

I think the main difference with the 2.0 is that the grip is a bit wider and more aggressive. The slide profile is also different. This is the 4.25 in barrel and once you go threaded for the comp is extends out to 4.65. I have several of the gen 1 m&ps and they dont really shoot any differently. The 2.0 feels a little less snappy out of the box and has a better trigger with a positive reset. But if you are changing into an open gun you are gonna change all of that out anyway. The 2.0 does have a beefier extractor out of the box...but again your going to change that out if you have any hope of running 9major through it.

Also heres my shamless promotion for the video I did for it on my youtube 

Shameless self promotion

Also tons of people say its not the flattest shooting gun, but I did no load development at all for it. I just got ammo that ran a buddies open gun and seemed to cycle the slide 

Edited by AverageJoeShooting
Web page

my parents are in winston- any good place to shoot IDPA down there?

I don’t shoot IDPA but I do shoot USPSA. Around here, if you are willing to drive less than two hours, you can shoot just about whatever gun game you like every week and weekend. Sometimes, multiple days on the weekends.

Check out ncsection.org for info on matches for USPSA. I’m sure IDPA probably has a similar website with match info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A shooting buddy runs an M&P 5" Open with all Carver Custom stuff.  In two years he has had to rebuild it three times and he's cracked four comps (Carvers and SJCs).  Another guy shot an Open Glock.  It didn't last the season.  If I had to shoot a plastic Open gun, I think I'd shoot minor.

7 minutes ago, zzt said:

A shooting buddy runs an M&P 5" Open with all Carver Custom stuff.  In two years he has had to rebuild it three times and he's cracked four comps (Carvers and SJCs).  Another guy shot an Open Glock.  It didn't last the season.  If I had to shoot a plastic Open gun, I think I'd shoot minor.

I had to change the barrel and extractor out in order to be able to handle 9major. Also that's why I picked a 2.0. As a law enforcement gun often times they have stronger frames for the use of +p+ ammo, so when you are shooting major theres less damage

Edited by AverageJoeShooting