Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ trigger break-in?

Stafford

Around 1000.  Internal parts will have rubbed together enough to smooth out as much as they will.  Can speed up the process by taking the gun apart and polishing parts.  Also a change of the hammer spring to 13lb or 11.5lbs will drop the DA immediately.

23 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Around 1000.  Internal parts will have rubbed together enough to smooth out as much as they will.  Can speed up the process by taking the gun apart and polishing parts.  Also a change of the hammer spring to 13lb or 11.5lbs will drop the DA immediately.

Anyone running a 13lb hammer spring without the extended firing pin? Will it fire factory ammo with just the 13lb spring change?

11 hours ago, Stafford said:

Anyone running a 13lb hammer spring without the extended firing pin? Will it fire factory ammo with just the 13lb spring change?

The way that i understand it this is going to depend on the hardness of the primer and the specific pistol.  For CZ75 variants like your SP-01 CGW recommends not going lower that the 15# hammer spring if you want to set off any primer.  I run the 13# in most of my CZs but i do it with the extended Firing Pin.  No issues with Win primers and various other factory loads.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:24 AM, Stafford said:

Even CZC recommends that if you use a 13lb spring you need to use the extended firing pin and rami firing pin spring and it will ignite factory primers.

06C7F6F6-CC71-4BC6-AD8B-1603628AA1AC.thumb.jpeg.ab3006e04c438da283edc8143bf971b9.jpeg

Edited by mveto