Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Bulletfeeder Pro Drop Assembly

32 minutes ago, slavex said:

a spring attached to a washer under your lock die and attached to the brass cylinder, like Armanov sells, should cure that issue. Any sideways pressure on the bullet dropper will cause it hangup like that occasionally. Having something that pulls it back into place stops that. 

To reiterate what I stated above, I have run both an Armanov type device and a spring around the dropper die below, separately and congruent, neither resolving the problem with my 9mm dropper die. 

52 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

Looks like the silver clip might be coming into contact with the powder dropper. This can happen on the 650 more easily than the 1050 due to less space between dies.

I don't think that's the case.  It is usually in the same position as pictured in Seehawer's pics  above... to utilize the clip as an anchor point for the spring apparatus.  I've been monkeying around with it to see if I could get it working better prior to setting up the 1050.  I think I honestly got a sh!t dropper assembly when I bought my conversion kit.  Main purpose of that pic was to show that the tube wasn't bumping into the powder hopper as previously mentioned as the potential issue by someone on this thread.  I keep thinking that whatever is causing the issue will eventually "wear in" and the problem will go away.  20k rounds later, I'm not so sure...

Edited by tha1000

1 minute ago, tha1000 said:

I don't think that's the case.  It is usually in the same position as pictured in Seehawer's pics  above... to utilize the clip as an anchor point for the spring apparatus.  I've been monkeying around with it to see if I could get it working better prior to setting up the 1050.  I think I honestly got a sh!t dropper assembly when I bought my conversion kit.

Without playing with it myself, I would take some fine grit sandpaper to the entire internal body for burrs like you had thought. Outside that, I would contact DAA to swap them out. The amount of time and frustration im sure you have spent on this makes you wanna chuck the thing in trash.

Just now, Maximis228 said:

Without playing with it myself, I would take some fine grit sandpaper to the entire internal body for burrs like you had thought. Outside that, I would contact DAA to swap them out. The amount of time and frustration im sure you have spent on this makes you wanna chuck the thing in trash.

It does it just enough to piss me off, to be honest.  I've sanded on it enough and owned it long enough to where I doubt that DAA is going to swap it out.  The spring fix below the tool head that I tried ate the finish up pretty good where the end of the spring rubbed on the inner part of the die.  My options are most likely: keep messing with it hoping to figure it out, ignore the problem hoping that it eventually fixes itself, or drop another $100 on a new dropper die.  I'm still mentally somewhere in between option one and two.

1 minute ago, Maximis228 said:

Have you tried to email DAA to see what they say? The DAA guys might be more than willing to at least review it in house.

No sir.  I have not.  I will send them an email if I still have issues when I set it up on the 1050.  Moved the ball bearings to the upper holes to see if that effects anything.  I haven't had time to experiment with it.  Hoping to spend some time looking at it tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 8:40 AM, Maximis228 said:

Have you tried to email DAA to see what they say? The DAA guys might be more than willing to at least review it in house.

dropper die works much better on the 1050 but now if I run the press at anything other than super careful, I get bullets flopping over at the next station. I have adjusted the bell from non existent to visibly too much with no improvement. 

anyone have any suggestions?  Search has turned up stuff I’ve been trying. 

14 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

dropper die works much better on the 1050 but now if I run the press at anything other than super careful, I get bullets flopping over at the next station. I have adjusted the bell from non existent to visibly too much with no improvement. 

anyone have any suggestions?  Search has turned up stuff I’ve been trying. 

So they drop fine but fall over when they reach the seater station ?

If so you may need a little more bell