Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Fo Sight And Holster

madone

OK, so I finally bought a G34 and am going to try out Production next season. I am planning on leaving the 34 pretty much stock, but one change I do want to make is to put Dawson Adj. rear sight and FO front sight on. I have heard however that the FO front sight is a little tall and can cause issue with some holsters.

Right now I am trying to decide between a KyTac, Comp-Tac, or the Blade-Tech holsters. Does anyone know if I will run into any issues with any of these brands?

My first choice the the KyTac (if I can bear the wait, hence me starting to plan now for next season)

Thanks

Go for the Blade-Tech DOH.

Agreed!

I run the same Production setup, (G34, Dawson adj, Bladetech DOH) the front sight was a little tall. I sent it back to Bladetech and they redid the holster with a higher sight channel.

Or you could do it yourself..but be careful. When Kydex burns or gets over 425 degrees, it emits hydrogen chloride.

You could tell them you need a higher sight channel when you order the holster.

Here's what I did for sights on my G23:

Put on a plain black MMC rear made for the Glock and a Dawson Precision Fiber Optical front made for the Novak rear. The front sight is .160 high. I opened up the MMC rear a little with a file and Dremel.

Looks like a small combat rear sight and it's adjustable. The front sight is very low and will fit any holster.

For Dawson front, Comptac belt holster works, as does (old style at least) Side Armor belt. I really like the comptac. I melted down the trigger guard dot, and it is really smooth and fast. With the dot melted, I think it is very similar to the Kytac SHII. I have not yet tried the blade-tech drop holster.

-joker22

Edited by joker22