Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

627 V-comp Shooters

8shooter

I have made a stainless compensator for the V-Comps that is a bolt on replacement for the severly lacking factory version.

For those that like to be able to remove the comp and shoot stock on the odd occasion it works well.

I only have 1 photo at this stage, will get some more to you if the interest is there.

The comps maintain the exact same outside profile as the factory barrel with 3 x 6 mm ports as wide as the top rib allows, which for a revo is plenty.

Usually bits for revo's come from the US but I thought if anyone was interested I could send some over.

V-Comp compensator side view

8shooter, pretty cool looking set-up!

But let me play devil's advocate for a second: It's not an IPSC gun (except for a true crazy--and I mean that in a good way--who wants to shoot it in Open), so it must be for ICORE and steel, right? Both of which are games played with powder-puff 120 p.f. ammo, right? Ammo which wouldn't have anywhere near enough pressure to run the comp in any meaningful way, right?

Back in the pin-shooting glory days, a few guys tried various sorts of porting and comps with their revolvers, and used lighter bullets and higher-pressure loads in an effort to get the comps to work. But the top revolver shooters (and in that sport revolvers were at virtual parity with the autos) always used heavy bullets and standard, non-ported, non-comped barrels to win.

Now that was a long time ago, and lots has changed. So what am I missing here?

Mike

Looks nice, 8shooter. I use my eight shooter for pins in Open class, and I use Montana's 158 gr. CMJ over 15.0 gr. of W296. I chose W296 because it's so slow and will have enough excess gas to work the comp. It seems to work, the load hits pins like a giant kicked 'em and the muzzle blast is something else! I usually have to tell the timer in advance "You'll hear a slight popping noise when the gun goes off..."

Carmoney,

You would be right except I do shoot it in IPSC, I run a .38 super for ICORE.

The compensator in question is probably best for Icore and steel etc as the ports are not overly large, I did make a different comp earlier with much bigger ports for pins etc. I do only run 125 pf loads even for IPSC, but when you shoot all A's it doesn't matter to your score huh ..... :D .

I have tested in a fairly primative way in the following fashion.

Stood with the gun next to a post and marked where the gun recoiled to with factory comp .... no comp .... and my comp, as I was under the same impression as you ... revolvers and light loads comps don't work much, but there was a very noticeable difference on how flat the gun sat under recoil.

It really suited me earlier in my shooting days as I could easily unscrew the compensator and take the dot off and use it as a stock gun. Having custom barrels with ports and such takes away that flexability. I no longer have this problem as I basically have a dedicated gun for each discipline I shoot now (because I can). <_<

hello wheel gunners

here this Swiss result to this topic  :wub:

dvc from swiss

Looks good, that was a good size barrel blank it looks like also.

As far as comps for lite loads, I have to guess they do something or all those

top shooters wouldn't be putting holes in their barrels or at the least a 2 port barrel

comp on the end of their 1911's.

Heck Matt Mclearn (spelling??) ran a 6 inch hybrid at the past SC with I think 8

holes in it. (and it was one of his "old" guns and very smooth)

It's all in how it feels to the actual user I guess.

(side note: I had made, 10-12 V8 comps 3-4 years ago for pin loads, dam

machinest messed 'em up and before you knew it pins died out and there were

not that many V8's around at the time, now I see them all over, good luck

8shooter)

I have made a stainless compensator for the V-Comps that is a bolt on replacement for the severly lacking factory version.

For those that like to be able to remove the comp and shoot stock on the odd occasion it works well.

I only have 1 photo at this stage, will get some more to you if the interest is there.

The comps maintain the exact same outside profile as the factory barrel with 3 x 6 mm ports as wide as the top rib allows, which for a revo is plenty.

Usually bits for revo's come from the US but I thought if anyone was interested I could send some over.

I'd like to see more photos. Are you planning to make them for sale?

hello wheel gunners

dvc from swiss

Wheel Gunner;

Beautiful gun! But more importantly, beautiful round nose bullets! What make are those round nose heads you have in your loads? And are they available in the U.S.? I know that Cooper_999 uses a nice round nose that's only available in Deutschland, forget the name...

hello wheel gunners

dvc from swiss

Wheel Gunner;

Beautiful gun! But more importantly, beautiful round nose bullets! What make are those round nose heads you have in your loads? And are they available in the U.S.? I know that Cooper_999 uses a nice round nose that's only available in Deutschland, forget the name...

Hey,

Wheel-Gunner is here.... :) Hi my friend!

@ Rob - it´s a 158 PMC EncRN - very precise but not available in Germany at the moment....but I still got 1k here... :D

EDIT: Ups - did not view the pic before writing :blink: thought it´s his "standard" bullet - seems that this on the pic is the South African Frontier 158grs - Wheel-Gunner, am I right?

DVC!

Sascha

Edited by cooper_999

hello wheel gunners

Hi R112mercer

I am pleased you like my "child" :)

the Bullet is a Frontier from South Africa

good for Realoads, but very bad quality in the size and the copper coat :(

I think you mean the Händler&Natermann this is a real good Bullet if also not so round

dvc WHEEL-Gunner

I'd like to see more photos. Are you planning to make them for sale?

I had to get so many made to make it cost effective (they are cnc profiled)so I still have a couple at home if someone wants ones they only need to ask.

I will see what I can do tonight about getting some photos of the finished products on here for you all to look at.

Woohoo it worked. :D

Oh, also I make the ports this size to allow for some widening with the die grinder in the cleaning process, over the last 18mths my ports have opened up a fair bit without threat of breaking through, and yes they are STAINLESS not just polished steel.

I have done the currency conversion if anybody is interested $135US + postage.

Let me know if your interested.

Edited by 8shooter