Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ulitimate Fighter 2

Rikarin

I'm guessing Nate will get killed by Franklin. I doubt he'll go down easy, so it should be a good fight.

Matt is definitely a childish asshat, but I don't really expect someone who loves to beat the crap out of people for money to be a nice guy. He knows what it takes to win, but has no idea how to coach. Franklin does a much better job during the fights.

I thought Rashad looked a hell of a lot better in the fight against Whitehead (who wouldn't), as he just pissed me off in his first fight against whoever that non-punching HW was. I dread the HW episodes :(

So far the "Unleashed" shows prior to the series are a heck of a lot better. The show where Franklin was highlighted was especially good. Saw one focused on Matt a while back, also awesome and showed Matt's "never say die" attitude. The show featuring Liddell was of course a good one.

One would think that up & coming fighters would realize one of the main differences between them and the big boys is aggressiveness. Yet they still come out week after week appearing to be afraid to punch or get punched.

I would think that the sense of reluctance to mix it up comes from not having fought anyone, but these guys didn't just come off the street. They've got MMA backgrounds and professional fights under their belts. I don't know how to explain it though, because it was obvious that Rashad improved from his first fight. Maybe it was just camera fright, since none of their fights to this point were for big crowds.

Matt might be a crappy coach, be he is definitely a stud in the octagon. He must have superhuman strength to do the things he does.

I think Franklin will kill Quarry. Nate looks very tense when he fights. I think Rich will take advantage of this.

I'll give credit to Rashad for simply fighting and not showboating.

I think that was the fighter that had the bad shoulder and then tore it during the fight.

You're thinking of Rob MacDonald. He is fought Brad Imes (the guy with the cowboy hat), but did nothing so spectacular as getting in a good kick. All he wanted to do was take his bad shoulder and go home. That's how that half-a$$ed triangle chock submitted him.

The great kick guy was Seth Petruzelli. He fought the towering Dan Christison and won an easy decision (Too many decision's this season. That's the problem). Seth is really the only heavy I've seen this season with any kind of skill.

I don't even remember Seth's fight, but I do remember the welterweight fights. I wonder why...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the boy in blue (Whitehead) actually fought anyone before? He looks like I'm sure I'd look my first time in a ring. It'd be nice to see a fight on at least one episode.

He had fights prior to the show. He was credited with an MMA record of something like 6 wins 3 losses. He sure fought like it was his first time though.

The nerd that can kick your a*s, LOL! Luke has some great skills especially while he's on his back. May be next week we'll finally see some heavyweight action. Get rid of the challenges go to more of an in depth coverage of the fighters, training, diet, why they like to fight, etc. Then simply have fights for elimination.

It will definitely be him vs Joe. Joe will kill Jason--if Jason gets to fight. If he doesn't, Joe has already manhandled Marcus once before. It wasn't even a contest. Marcus said before that fight that he had ground skills he was holding back for the right moment. After the fight, I was wondering what he was waiting for to showcase those skills. I guess he somehow knew this would happen.

I have the Ultimate Fighter Tivoed to watch tonight. I did get a chance to scan through Unleashed fights at lunch and they were some of my favorites. Diego Sanchez was fantasic on the ground and seeing Nick Diaz knock out the cocky Robbie Lawler hasn't gotten old even though I've seen it a few times.

I want to see Joe Rogan in the octagon. He certainly has extensive knowledge of the sport and is pretty jacked. Don't heckle him when he is doing standup.

That was a good fight last night.

Oddly enough I, too, think that

Rashad gained a lot from having

Matt Hughes in his corner.

Unlike Seth, Rashad was listening to his cornerman. I don't understand why Seth would continue to go to the ground while his standup was getting the job done.

I have the Ultimate Fighter Tivoed to watch tonight. I did get a chance to scan through Unleashed fights at lunch and they were some of my favorites. Diego Sanchez was fantasic on the ground and seeing Nick Diaz knock out the cocky Robbie Lawler hasn't gotten old even though I've seen it a few times.

I want to see Joe Rogan in the octagon. He certainly has extensive knowledge of the sport and is pretty jacked. Don't heckle him when he is doing standup.

It was amusing watching Diaz give Lawler a taste of his own medicine. I do believe that Rogan does have some experience fighting in full contact karate.

Unlike Seth, Rashad was listening to his cornerman. I don't understand why Seth would continue to go to the ground while his standup was getting the job done.

It doesn't look like Seth will be listening too much to anyone anymore, at least out of that right ear. That was a pretty gross injury.

Neither of the fights were very good. Seth seemed like a much better fighter in that first fight of his.

I figured it was a foregone conclusion that Joe would make it to the finals, but setting it up so that he would make it to the finals doesn't speak highly of Dana, et al.

That ear was f-ed up!

The ear was disgusting. I'm not sure why Seth thought he wanted to be on the ground with Brad. He definitely should have listened to Rich and got back up.

I had a "setting the clocks back" malfunction with my VCR and did not get the Rashad/Keith fight taped. I still haven't seen it, but the clips I've seen makes it look like a good one. I think it's on again Friday.

ok, I know I join this thread already in progress, but I watched the other night and just LOVED this quote:

If you are undefeated you are not fighting the right guys.

That's warrior mentality.

now, I am going to shoot with SmittyFL and PaulW this weekend and take my asswhooping like a man.

Can I tap out at an IPSC match? :unsure:

I really liked the Lawler / Diaz fight. Diaz was getting beat....period. I look for Lawler to do great things under the Miletich system.

I am gonna go with Rich Franklin for the big fight and on the final I look for a tough battle between Sanchez and Diaz. Thats a tough pick. Diego has a heart bigger than the moon, but Diaz is accomplished on the ground and can strike better than Sanchez standing up. I just like Diego but he will lose, and that will be good for him. Gotta love the competition in the 170 lb class. Parisyan, Lawler, St. Pierre, Diaz, Hughes, Sanchez...sammy morgan's gonna be good.

I think Rogan is a nidan in karate or some such.

The ear was disgusting. I'm not sure why Seth thought he wanted to be on the ground with Brad. He definitely should have listened to Rich and got back up.

I had a "setting the clocks back" malfunction with my VCR and did not get the Rashad/Keith fight taped. I still haven't seen it, but the clips I've seen makes it look like a good one. I think it's on again Friday.

For the heavyweight non action we've seen so far the Rashad vs. Keith was a good fight.

ok, I know I join this thread already in progress, but I watched the other night and just LOVED this quote:

If you are undefeated you are not fighting the right guys.

That's warrior mentality.

now, I am going to shoot with SmittyFL and PaulW this weekend and take my asswhooping like a man.

Can I tap out at an IPSC match? :unsure:

Hughes has become more human in the last couple of episodes.