Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Digital powder scale

Oldgit

Wow I had no idea it was discontinued, wonder why? 

Here's where I got mine maybe give them a call and see if they have something similar https://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my-weigh-gempro-250.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAtdDTBRArEiwAPT4y-5WUDdGHAjMJnoK6pYt18fegHjpjZ-7qfM21pj6aE6zCQGZldRFkyhoCBS4QAvD_BwE

I have picked up and put down the same charge many times and it was the same every time. I don't use this scale for 9mm though because like guys said above it's not necessary as long as your powder measure is good and consistent. For pistol loads I use a cheaper Lyman 1500 or something good enough, their all the same. The chrono is your scale. I use the gem pro for my long range rifle stuff. 

I also agree with Yondering that HPJ should change his name to grand torino. 

If you want to see a completely ridiculous scale that is supposedly the most accurate thing in the world go on YouTube and check out the promethius (spelling) scale. 

Because it has been replaced by the Gempro 300 :)

I have been using my Gempro 250 for close to 10 years now and it has always been reliable and repeatable. 

When I still used check weight to see if it was measuring correctly it always measured 5.00 or 5.02 for the 5 grain weight. I stopped doubting the scale a long time ago.

Trickling directly into a pan on the scale can be tricky and sometimes it's faster to pick up the pan and set it back on to get a reading but that's not what I used the scale for anyway.

If I take the scale from my warm living room to a cold, moist garage the scale will drift for a few minutes until it is warmed up.

You can still use the scale as long as you zero it before you weigh.

Before I bought the Gempro I used a cheap $20 electronic scale and that was a waste of money. 

On 11/29/2019 at 5:54 PM, falconpilot said:

It may be over kill, but A&D FX-120i is one of the best powder scale built. Can read to 1/2 kennel of powder(.000) and is very stable, repeatable scale. As with any high quality ac scale, you'll need a clean power supply. This scale combined with Autothrower and Auto Trickler, I reload thousands of rounds of rifle ammo a year and all loads are loaded to within one kennel of powder...ie...001 either way..

AT.jpg

Yes, I was going to point to this one myself. I don't have the powder thrower, but do have the Auto Trickler. These lab scales are on a whole different level.

Richard

Edited by rckendall
changed item description

On 11/30/2019 at 2:58 AM, xrayfk05 said:

Because it has been replaced by the Gempro 300 :)

I have been using my Gempro 250 for close to 10 years now and it has always been reliable and repeatable. 

When I still used check weight to see if it was measuring correctly it always measured 5.00 or 5.02 for the 5 grain weight. I stopped doubting the scale a long time ago.

Trickling directly into a pan on the scale can be tricky and sometimes it's faster to pick up the pan and set it back on to get a reading but that's not what I used the scale for anyway.

If I take the scale from my warm living room to a cold, moist garage the scale will drift for a few minutes until it is warmed up.

You can still use the scale as long as you zero it before you weigh.

Before I bought the Gempro I used a cheap $20 electronic scale and that was a waste of money. 

I use my gempro 250 when setting or verifying a powder drop on a progressive.   It is more convenient than doing 10 drops into one pan and dividing by 10 to get the average.   It may not be the best scale, but it works well if you keep it away from electrical interference. 

Richard,

The V3 is awesome setup. It bluetooths to your phone. Download the app, and its simple as typing in the charge weight and off you go...no more having to re-enter or rezero you scale everytime you want to change charge weights...just type in weight and go...this version also doesn't drift like V1 or 2 did..I threw 600 rounds getting ready for nationals this past fall..it under threw 8 loads by 2 tenths max and over threw 6 by 2 tenths grain max out of the 600..all rest loads fell either dead on or one powder kerrnel over or under..