Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Smith & Wesson going to make a 2.0 red. It's not from Performance Center

Gridlock

I assume you are talking the 2.0 core model. I have seen pictures and some of the LEOs have already have them but they have not been announced for public consumption yet . Supposedly they're on the way. 

Edited by m39nut

Contacted customer service a couple of weeks ago asking about the full size core 2.0.   Below is the reply.  Pretty much the same reply I got

when I asked the same question shortly after the Shot Show.

"Thank you for your e-mail and your suggestion regarding Smith & Wesson or Thompson Center products.

For over 167 years, Smith & Wesson has manufactured high-quality, innovative, firearms for professionals and consumers alike.

At this time we don't have any further info on what products are coming in the near future but we consider customer input a valuable resource from which to draw on during the decision making process.

Please watch our website and Facebook pages for new product announcements.

Your comments are being forwarded to the Marketing Department and appropriate Management Team for review and consideration for future production.

Thank You for choosing Smith & Wesson / Thompson Center products. Have a great day."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm shocked that S&W is dragging their feet getting this to market.....everyone else is racing to show off a red dot ready model and they just left the old ones out....very odd.  I'm guessing they don't have anything else to show off at SHOT next year, so they're saving it for that???

I'm also confused by S&W's delay in producing a 2.0 CORE. I think the CORE system is pretty decent as the optics still thread directly to the slide instead of threading into the plate like the MOS. I loved my 1.0 CORE once I Apex'd it 🤑

I feel like S&W is like Apple.. creates the "innovative" Shield and owns that market. Instead of innovating, they just come out with different variants.. like the iPhone Cs and Ss. 

After a big hit, they're just stagnant in the market while everyone else comes out with optic cuts from the get go and p365s and Hellcats...

Instead of answering the P365, S&W just releases a subcompact(which is just a compact 1.0 with 2.0 upgrades)... that's like when Apple released the iphone #S's and #C's 

• 2 months later...