Posted Images

19 hours ago, Sarge said:

Dram worx hopper,

NEVER USED IT

polish the bar.

NEVER DONE IT

. keep it over 1/2 full,

TOTALLY UNNECESSARY

glad you know it all. All depends on how accurate you want the loads to be. Dram worx hopper keeps it from turning colors, less static, and IMHO, better powder drops. Polishing the bar, I noticed almost a .05gn increase in accuracy in drops, and keeping powder over 1/2 full has shown to help as well (I havent tested this enough, but since I started keeping it over 1/2, I havent had any issues, and its easy to do when you have a larger hopper from DW)

For being a 1SG, dont take recommendations very well.

9 minutes ago, 99mpower said:

glad you know it all. All depends on how accurate you want the loads to be. Dram worx hopper keeps it from turning colors, less static, and IMHO, better powder drops. Polishing the bar, I noticed almost a .05gn increase in accuracy in drops, and keeping powder over 1/2 full has shown to help as well (I havent tested this enough, but since I started keeping it over 1/2, I havent had any issues, and its easy to do when you have a larger hopper from DW)

For being a 1SG, dont take recommendations very well.

RETIRED 1SG. Finally able to take only the recommendations that make sense.

My Dillon hopper is still clear after 10 years of leaving powder in it all the time. .05 grain “improvement“ is inconsequential for 9mm USPSA loads. I have done tests to and found I can basically load until the hopper is empty and see no fluctuation in drops.

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

RETIRED 1SG. Finally able to take only the recommendations that make sense.

My Dillon hopper is still clear after 10 years of leaving powder in it all the time. .05 grain “improvement“ is inconsequential for 9mm USPSA loads. I have done tests to and found I can basically load until the hopper is empty and see no fluctuation in drops.

Not sure what powder you are using, but Titegroup eats up the plastic something fierce. .05gn improvement is nice for anything, ill take the smaller ES/SDs and move on. Busting balls on 1SG, I'm a chief in the Navy 😂

5 minutes ago, 99mpower said:

Not sure what powder you are using, but Titegroup eats up the plastic something fierce. .05gn improvement is nice for anything, ill take the smaller ES/SDs and move on. Busting balls on 1SG, I'm a chief in the Navy 😂

Ahhh......

I don't recall which powder but something ate up the cheap acrylic hopper on my Redding measure.  That measure now has a metal hopper for static free black powder loading.  Sounds like the Hornady is made out of the same stuff.  My RCBS is OK, though I don't leave it loaded.

My Dillon measures are discolored but not pitted from being left loaded.  I made gauges out of plastic rod and cardboard discs so I have something to glance at when I fill the primer feed, a low tech version of the $45 Dillon buzzer.  I figure one day I will splurge on the Pyrex hoppers, I had a glass liner in my old CH Autochamp progressive.

I used an air pump as vibrator to load pistols with 700X powder left over when I phased out of Trapshooting.  I don't find it necessary for HP38 or Bullseye.