Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Scorpion Trigger Job

I recently purchased a CZ Scorpion Carbine.  Like the feel of the rifle.  The Trigger from the factory was about 10.5 pounds and creepy.  I Bought the HBI spring kit and decided to polish all this bearing surfaces in the trigger pack.

Trigger: hooks(top and bottom) and the sides of the housing. 

Hammer:  back of the Hammer and the front of the "wings".  Also polished he sides of the hammer.  

Disconnector:  top and bottom of the hooks and the sides.

firing pin block lever:  both sides and the top

Also polished the two pins and the sides of the bushing that sits in the trigger housing.

After installation I did a trigger safety check to make sure the trigger assembly was operating correctly.  The end result was a smooth 5.25 pound trigger.  So it halved the trigger pull weight.

34 minutes ago, V2plus25 said:

Wow well done!  That's pretty significant.

I am happy with the way this turned out.  There are a few good video's on youtube that go into detail on how this is done.  Though once you take the assembly apart it is pretty intuitive on where to polish.

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

Yep, I did the exact same thing when I had one years ago. I also worked on the detent for the safety so it wasn't so clunky as well.

Did you replace the factory trigger?  I'm thinking of replacing the stock trigger with a Shooters Element trigger.

Edited by Salsantini
On 9/23/2019 at 7:27 PM, Salsantini said:

Did you replace the factory trigger?  I'm thinking of replacing the stock trigger with a Shooters Element trigger.

I replaced the factory trigger on mine with the HBI forward trigger, also did the springs and polish. Pull is 4.5 lbs.

26 minutes ago, mannyc said:

I replaced the factory trigger on mine with the HBI forward trigger, also did the springs and polish. Pull is 4.5 lbs.

Ok.  Thanks for the info.  I've read the forward triggers reduce the pull by 10%.   I will get a replacement trigger.

"If you want to reduce travel and reset, there are two threads on the CZ Forum about using shims to do so. If you have basic welding and filing skills you can achieve those results without using shims. Made a world of difference on my Scorpion. "

Thanks for this suggestion.  I found a used trigger and will try this.

Edited by Salsantini
  • 7 months later...
On 9/26/2019 at 7:51 AM, mannyc said:

Nice!  I have parts on the way.  I got the hbi forward curve trigger and spring it.

Anyone run the CZ customs trigger and the HBI and compared them? I've shot the HBI and it's a HUGE improvement over stock - not sure the additional $200+ for the CZ custom is worth it? But then again, while not apples to apples,  I also have expensive triggers in my AR's when an ALG or even a polish and springs on a mil-spec would do...

Edited by theautobahn