Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rain Bags

Frank705

When I have to set up and staple targets when rain is eminent I have had good luck with a clear bag from McMaster-Carr item # 4166T12 . It is 1 mil thick 48" circumference and 40" tall . 100 bags per roll . They are not inexpensive but fit is perfect. 

2 hours ago, RePete said:

I just the cheapest clear garbage bags.

I always used the same until a match this year where they bought bags from uline. They were thicker and a shooter could just pull it up while another pasted then just drop it. I now think that’s the way to go.

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

I always used the same until a match this year where they bought bags from uline. They were thicker and a shooter could just pull it up while another pasted then just drop it. I now think that’s the way to go.

I'm not sure if they were from uline but I've been at matches that had "nice bags" that were thicker and it was a lot easier (and faster) to reset a stage than with the cheap garbage bag covers.  

49 minutes ago, jhgtyre said:

cheap garbage bag covers.  

Or dry cleaning bags. They get wet inside and start clinging to targets. Also with dry cleaning bags you run the risk of other calamities. I got a box one winter from a dry cleaner and never opened it until summer time when it rained. Both sides were emblazoned with full color Christmas wreaths!😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Or dry cleaning bags. They get wet inside and start clinging to targets. Also with dry cleaning bags you run the risk of other calamities. I got a box one winter from a dry cleaner and never opened it until summer time when it rained. Both sides were emblazoned with full color Christmas wreaths!😂😂😂

Match Theme:  Christmas in July :)