Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Glare

Sharyn

Hi all... I'm having some glare issues with my C-More and hopefully someone here can offer a solution. :D

This doesn't happen all the time, so it must be when the sun hits the C-More just right... but I get a red reflection on the bottom half of my lens. This makes it VERY difficult to shoot as it nearly blends out the dot. The top of my C-More is very shiny. I've tried to dull the shine but my techniques (applied eyeshadow) didn't work.

Adjusting the intensity of the dot DOES NOT make the glare go away. The lense is completely clean, residue and oil free.

Here's my attempt to recreate the glare that I see:

(I know that in the picture, it's just the ANGLE of the C-More, but I get a similar glare when the dot is dead center of the lense, while I'm shooting)

glare.jpg

Thanks!

:D

Hey girlie,

(eyeshadow on the C-more...interesting)

Try the Limcat Anti-Glare shield. After that, maybe some kind of a hood on the top of the lens. ???

Hope it works out. BTW, break any guns lately? (I'm kidding of course)

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

• 2 weeks later...
my cmore lens has a lot of scratches on it and it is affecting the dot's reflection.

anyone ever replace their cmore lens before? how hard was it?

C-more lenses used to fall out occasionally. I think they are or were glued in. Some silicone sealant would stick them back in for a bit, but the best solution always seemed to be sending it back and having the factory fix it, although that can take a while. I've never seen anybody selling just the lens by itself anyway..

• 1 month later...
I just bought a gun with a C-More, and the lens has some hazing. It appears to be on the front of the lens (toward the muzzle). At first I thought it was fog or dirt, but it didn't rub off. Any ideas?

Yep, its lead and jacket deposits. Put a little Hoppes #9 on it leave it for a while wipe off and clean with Windex. Repeat evey 6-12 months or as needed.