Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SRO / RMR Double Sided Mount Options

Hawk21

SRO 5moa showed up today and I would like to stay with a double sided mount.  Anyone know of a builder making these that hasn't hit the market?  Only option I have found to date is single sided Cheely.

On 8/16/2019 at 4:28 PM, Hawk21 said:

SRO 5moa showed up today and I would like to stay with a double sided mount.  Anyone know of a builder making these that hasn't hit the market?  Only option I have found to date is single sided Cheely.

If so inclined please keep us updated on how that works out for you in Open. I'm considering one myself, thanks.

Thanks Hawk21 and shred. I put a Romeo3 on my Brazos Custom Open(38.super). I like the handling ,feel ,size ,looks Etc but the 3 moa and the fact that it could be a little brighter has me regretting taking the 6 moa Cmore Slideride off thus far. Hoping to find a small body, large window optic to take the place of the Romeo 3

3 hours ago, Hawk21 said:

Sure will.... current setup is 510c 

1 hour ago, shred said:

Not the OP, but I've been running a 5 min SRO in Open for a few weeks on a modified Dawson mount.  I'm pretty happy with it.

4 minutes ago, vgdvc said:

Thanks Hawk21 and shred. I put a Romeo3 on my Brazos Custom Open(38.super). I like the handling ,feel ,size ,looks Etc but the 3 moa and the fact that it could be a little brighter has me regretting taking the 6 moa Cmore Slideride off thus far. Hoping to find a small body, large window optic to take the place of the Romeo 3

I am in the same boat. I ran a Romeo 3 and now have a 510c. Both are a bit hard for me to track in certain light conditions. I just took the 2032 battery out of both of them and put in two 2016’s. Much brighter. Haven’t tested yet.  If it doesn’t help I will probably try one of the new dots(SRO or Max).....

4 minutes ago, kitestir said:

I am in the same boat. I ran a Romeo 3 and now have a 510c. Both are a bit hard for me to track in certain light conditions. I just took the 2032 battery out of both of them and put in two 2016’s. Much brighter. Haven’t tested yet.  If it doesn’t help I will probably try one of the new dots(SRO or Max).....

I bought a 510c to run on my PCC. Could not find the small dot quick enough and did not like the dot/circle combination so it is now back in the box like new. Put a 6 MOA Cmore railway on it all is good with plenty of precision out to 50 yards plus. I'm hoping the 5moa SRO is the solution for my open pistol.  Test reports have said how easy it is to find the dot even on awkward angles, leans Etc. Of course it will be interesting to see how it compares to the new Romeo Maxx....

The Max is a little larger with a thinner 'surround' on the lens.  The SRO has a bit more 'tube' to it, which can be handy in awkward positions if you like that sort of thing and feels a bit more rugged.