Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GPS Tracker for Luggage

oddjob

I just saw on Ben Stoeger's podcast a small GPS tracking device you could put in your luggage.  Anyone here use one? If so which model/cost/range & etc?  Seems to be a pretty good way to track your guns when traveling.

thanks

**mods....just occurred to me this may belong in the electronic section....sorry and please move if needed**

Edited by oddjob

• 2 months later...

The Ping GPS seem to not be available anymore.  Looks like a failed kickstarter. 

I just purchased the $100 Gego tracker and has a month to month billing plan of $8.  $75 for the year.  Works as advertised so at this point I would recommend it. 

If you want something cheaper I would suggest getting a $35 Tile pro bluetooth tracker.  I put one in my bag going to Nationals and my phone was in range of bag as they loaded and unload bag from plane.  So I knew my bag made it on the plane.

My experience is your guns will always get on the plane.  A few times as soon as we board a call is made to load our bags.  They don’t want the responsibility of taking care of them.  At least that’s what we’ve found.

On a cancelled flight out of SF -when I finally got to the desk for hotel vouchers (3am at this point) I asked what to do with my bags.  She quickly replied, oh your are the ones with firearms.  She showed me the notes on the booking screen.  Interesting.

A run down airport hotel never looked so good.