Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Legion Romeo 1 screw mount size?

OPENB

Picked up a Legion today, and had a Romeo 1 sitting on the bench. The 6-48 screws that come with the Romeo are not the right thread pitch. I recall reading that the M17 mount holes are different. Does the Legion have different mount holes than the old X5, possibly the M17’s size? Anyone advise what screws I need to mount my Romeo?

Not without great difficulty it appears. The 6-48 screws that come with it are under sized for the tapped holes in the slide. I picked up some M4x.7 screws tonight from Home Depot, and I can’t get them started in the holes either. They are too big & not threaded the same as the holes. And they are too big to fit through the holes in the Romeo 1. Not really sure what’s going on. 

Mounted my Deltapoint Pro 7.5 on my Legion slide today. The stock M4x.7 screws work perfectly & snugged down perfectly. Appears this is the only practical choice in dots for this gun at this time. With the sight mounted & a 21rd. mag with Springer base pad & Grams guts, it weighs 43oz.

To mount the old Romeo 1 on the X5 Legion, enlarge the mounting holes on the Romeo 1 using a 4mm drill bit on a drill press. The aluminum housing is pretty soft. That’s what I did when I mounted a Romeo 1 to a friend’s M17 which shares the same cut with the X5 Legion.

20 hours ago, OPENB said:

Mounted my Deltapoint Pro 7.5 on my Legion slide today. The stock M4x.7 screws work perfectly & snugged down perfectly. Appears this is the only practical choice in dots for this gun at this time. With the sight mounted & a 21rd. mag with Springer base pad & Grams guts, it weighs 43oz.

if i am correct the stock DPP screws are 3.5 mm.