Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Days of Thunder

Yes I know it’s 29 year old, I know it’s hokey, watched it for the 1st time in years and it brought back the NASCAR I loved, not the abomination  it has become.

to see glimpses of the 3 car leading the pack, seeing Harry Gant and Neil Bonnet, it brought back memories of the Allison’s,  the Petty’s, of Dale Sr coming out of nowhere with 8 laps to go at Talladega and winning.  Darrell Waltrip When he was leading the race, almost out of gas when it was stopped for a rain delay.  Davey Allison was the dominant car and need to win it  to win the Winston Million, and when they asked Waltrip how much gas he had, he replied about a Million dollars worth.

I miss the old NASCAR

I was becoming disenchanted with NAStyCAR by the mid-2000s with the "Chase". They lost even more of my interest when they let the fans pick two drivers for the chase. When they changed to the "Stages" they lost me completely and even Tony could drag me to watch another race.

There's a LOT of better racing out there. NASCAR isn't even racing anymore. They turned it into WWF on wheels. It's just a show.

Agreed it sucks now, I have tried to watch but the breaks suck the car adjustments have made it boring as hell because no one can pass. Have not watched in years decided to watch, nothing else worth watching on TV, no more it sucks.

• 2 weeks later...