Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Q5 match polymer role now?

lfine

Seems like since the SF came out, there’s no love left for the polymer. Starting to see lower and lower prices on the used market. Seems like a good way to start in CO or production and/or at least, possibly, a great house gun (with a light trigger). 

Thoughts? Came across a Match with 3 mags, additional Walther magwell and +2 basepads for under 6. I think we’ll see more of this. 

(Me? I’ll either grab it or put the cash towards something like a new metal gun like a Stock II just for fun.)

Edited by lfine
Spelling

I shot my old match gun( Q5 polymer) side by side with new Q5sf (changed 13lb wolf recoil spring/ tr spring), can only feel a little softer but not much, Stock 2 and Shadow 2 are much sofer.. But in same level (Stock 2, shadow 2, G34, Q5 match etc) I think the soft gun is just easy to shoot, but not guarantee you a better score. Q5 match poly is still a competitive reliable gun..

Edited by highhope

In Canada you can pick up the polymer version used for less than half the price of the steel frame version.  For a gun that is relatively cheap, accurate, optic ready and super reliable the polymer frame is still a great deal. 

I have owned a polymer Q5 for two years and shot a SF model along side mine and I didn't care for the SF at all.

I have smaller hands and the polymer version fits me much better. Hopefully they won't discontinue it.  It is a great pistol