Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shootersworld ULTIMATE PISTOL 38sc ?

Mlussoro

What’s up fellas picked up a jug of this from a buddy says it’s close to 3n38 as it gets?  Anyone using this for 38sc loads and any data would be greatly appreciated?  I’m at 9.8gr on a 124 with VV powder with my atlas chaos  if that helps 

This ^^^^^^.  Autocomp is in no way similar to 3N38, so Ultimate can't be either.  Try some Major Pistol powder.  You'll love it.  You'll use about 1 gr more than your 3N38 load.  BTW, you have gobs of case capacity, so why are you shooting 124s.

3 hours ago, zzt said:

This ^^^^^^.  Autocomp is in no way similar to 3N38, so Ultimate can't be either.  Try some Major Pistol powder.  You'll love it.  You'll use about 1 gr more than your 3N38 load.  BTW, you have gobs of case capacity, so why are you shooting 124s.

I was actually very disappointed in this powder in my 38SC. Very dirty and left cornmeal looking stuff inside the gun and comp. Dot movement was erratic.  

5D2D765F-D6E0-4846-9187-F19062D761AC.jpeg

Edited by robb315

1 hour ago, robb315 said:

I was actually very disappointed in this powder in my 38SC. Very dirty and left cornmeal looking stuff inside the gun and comp. Dot movement was erratic.  

I was guessing the OP's "38sc" meant "38 Short Colt", but it looks like you're talking about 38 Super. What does 38SC mean to the rest of you guys?

38SC = 38 Super Comp, a rimless version of 38 Super.

r, I use MP for 9mm major and it is clean as a whistle.  Dot tracks straight up and down with no wiggle.

2 hours ago, zzt said:

38SC = 38 Super Comp, a rimless version of 38 Super.

r, I use MP for 9mm major and it is clean as a whistle.  Dot tracks straight up and down with no wiggle.

Thanks, I learned something today!