Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People

jnshapiro

I hate people. I really like the folks I shoot with, and that includes BE'ers. And I'm really impressed with the outpouring of help for the folks that live(d) in the Gulf states. But in general, people suck.

Left the jogging stroller on the front porch last night as I was cleaning out the back of the truck in preparation for today's local Steel match (worst day ever with my revolvers, pretty good with .22). Got up this morning and it was gone.

Some S*($head stole it over night. They had to come up to the porch to see it. We have a pretty good hedge row right in front of the porch.

People suck.

Thanks, I feel a little better now.

I didn't realize it when I started this thread, but venting can be good for the soul. I'm past the theft, though still very dissappointed.

I'm now really looking forward to heading out tomorrow afternoon for Steel Challenge. I shot really poorly with my SA Revolvers on Sunday. Worst day I've ever had. I don't know why. I didn't even realize the stroller was missing that morning, so that wasn't it. I had brought a new shooter (not new to shooting, just to SC) with me on Sunday and I think I was a little more concerned that he was enjoying it and wasn't paying the attention to myself that I should have been. Of course, I often have a really bad match right before heading out to a major. When that happens I shoot the major very well. So it will be just like me to have a great match this week (hear that Lanny?).

Joel

There's a couple of local shooters working for the Sheriff's office in the Rancho Cambodia area. Make friends with them and you could have squad cars circling your street on a regular basis.

I'm over in Davis, if you leave a bike outside not locked, it'll be gone very fast. You can leave your car unlock, but not the bike.

+1

I've been in retail all my life(family business). I hate people.

I have to go with George. You really have to work in retail to see a person look you in the eye and attempt to lie, cheat, and steal. Except during elections of course.

I can share the anger of being stolen from. But as my daddy always said. That theiving son of a b***h will still be what he is tomorrow. What kind of punishment could be worse than that????

That theiving son of a b***h will still be what he is tomorrow. What kind of punishment could be worse than that????

That is, assuming, the theiving sone of a b***h shares your value system. Most of them probably get as much enjoyment out of what they stole as the rest of us get out of things we earn legitimately. One of the unfair realities of life is that things do not always work out in the end, and people do not always get what is coming to them - good or bad.