Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smith to go over 2011

I have a 2011 that was built up over time that I tinkered with. It’s not aesthetically pleasing but works 98% of the time. It occasionally hiccups. Anyway does anyone have a smith they can recommend that could do a once over on the entire build before I send it off for refinishing?

6 hours ago, 021411 said:

I have a 2011 that was built up over time that I tinkered with. It’s not aesthetically pleasing but works 98% of the time. It occasionally hiccups. Anyway does anyone have a smith they can recommend that could do a once over on the entire build before I send it off for refinishing?

Check around where you live. You would be surprised at what you might find out. Matt Cheely out of Michigan built my guns and I have sent them to him in the past but shipping gets expensive for both of us. I learned there is a great  gunsmith who has customers all over the world 5 minutes from my house. 

LSI is busy last I spoke with him a few weeks ago. I’ll check with Benny and see what he can do. 

You could always drive up to the Austin area and have Virgil Tripp or Aaron/Ben Hayes go though the pistol.

I’ll get a hold of the Hayes boys as well.