Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bushnell First Strike 2.0?

Ragnar175

On 11/30/2019 at 11:51 PM, Cam73 said:

I'd like to see how it holds up as a slide rider if someone could make it fit. Is it about 1/2" longer than the Cmore?

KC Eusebio uses one on his carry optic OZ9. Looks like they have a slide cut for it. 

9E6B36D8-1217-409F-9950-1679F56517E4.jpeg

12 hours ago, Bad_Karma said:

Thanks for posting the pics. I like the size of the window...it reminds me of the Sig Romeo3xl

Is dot on the 2.0 does appear dimmer in the pics. Is that just the settings on the mrds’s or the camera angle?

I had them all manually adjusted way down from max brightness, but I didn't really try to make them the same. 

• 1 month later...

I bought a 2.0 to see how it is and unfortunately the dot is not very bright, I tried other batteries too just to make sure it didn't have something to do with that and there was no difference. The 510c, vortex viper 6moa and venom 6moa are all noticeably brighter than the 2.0. The glass on the 2.0 is very clear though and the window size is decent.I wish the dot was just a little brighter because it would be almost unbeatable compared to the competition at under $200.

• 3 months later...

Just picked one up and was actually impressed - I found the brightness to be pretty good. Just a little bit under my hs510c, and probably comparable to my viper 6 moa if the dot was bigger. As-is, though, I'd want a larger dot. Window-size is nice and big, and glass distortion is comparable to my Viper (which is not much, but not as distortion free as the 510c). What's better than my Viper is that it doesn't flicker on brightness settings lower than the highest. 

It's footprint is also different from anything else out there. It's about as long as a Romeo 3 Max, but doesn't fit the RTS2 mount.

To be more accurate - I'd say it matches the HS510C on one below it's highest setting (though there is a big jump there). Comparing more closely to the Viper, at its brightest its about two stops below the Viper, but it's a trickier comparison since the dot sizes are different. Still think this is a decent candidate, though.