Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bushnell First Strike 2.0?

Ragnar175

I see KC and some others are running the new Bushnell First Strike 2.0 optic on their Open and CO guns. I’ve talked to two of the guys running them and they didn’t have any complaints. Does anyone here have any experience with them? I already ordered one and a Cheely mount for my first Open gun based on the few reviews I’ve gotten on it. Worst case I don’t like it, buy a DPP, and have a backup dot with the Bushnell. Normally I’d be skeptical of budget optics, but Bushnell has really stepped up their long range optics recently with the XRSII and others. If that same quality is going into their micro dots, it should be a solid contender. Any feedback on them is greatly appreciated! 

E4645563-B129-456F-AC15-0DB25BECB40F.jpeg

I have one. I listed it for sale but decided to keep it due to no interest and will throw it on an Ar or keep as an oddball lower cost backup.

I havent shot anything with it mounted but is seems like a decent dot. The dot is crisp but honestly, it is not very bright. Not as bright as my Holosun Hs510 which is why i put it on the chopping block. I cant comment on how well it would hold up on an open gun.

I have no idea what Aimpoint mount this is supposed to be, but it sure isn't for the T1 so it wont fit the mount I have for my open Glock. 

I am however impressed with how clear the optic is and how bright the dot is. 

0603192102-1040x585.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 8:05 PM, chevrofreak said:

I have no idea what Aimpoint mount this is supposed to be, but it sure isn't for the T1 so it wont fit the mount I have for my open Glock

I am however impressed with how clear the optic is and how bright the dot is. 

0603192102-1040x585.jpg

Any updates on the optic? Does anyone know if the footprint is proprietary?

Thanks  

4 hours ago, Cam73 said:

Any updates on the optic? Does anyone know if the footprint is proprietary?

Thanks  

I have barely used it; it sits on my Ruger PCC.   I do like the window size, clarity and dot brightness.    I would love to put it in my Glock open gun in place of my RTS2, if Carver would make a plate forit 

20 hours ago, Bad_Karma said:

Could you post some comparison pictures of the two side by side?

Other than potential reliability issues, I am amazed more open guns don't have the 2.0 on it.  When I saw Jessie Harrison shooting her open gun with the Bushnell on it, I mistook it for the Holosun 510C.   The window is nearly as big, but the rest of the sight is not.   It seems like a Romeo XL competitor for 1/4 the price. 

1130191852a-1170x2080.jpg

1130191852~2.jpg

1130191853~2.jpg

14 minutes ago, Shmella said:

Mine was the dimmest red dot of all the mini dots and not even close in brightness to any others out there. I’m surprised ppl are saying the dot is bright enough. Brightness id rank it dead last

Thanks the infos, I like how big the window is and I was thinking of trying one for my other open gun.  I'd stick with the 510c instead, also I live in Florida and the sun is quite bright all year long. 

51 minutes ago, QUATTROISKING said:

You must have gotten something else my 2.0 is super bright 

Or something defective.   My 2.0 is as bright as any of my Holosun sights (over a dozen), my former DPP, my Trijicon RMR and my Cmore RTS. 

16 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

Or something defective.   My 2.0 is as bright as any of my Holosun sights (over a dozen), my former DPP, my Trijicon RMR and my Cmore RTS. 

Thanks for posting the pics. I like the size of the window...it reminds me of the Sig Romeo3xl

Is dot on the 2.0 does appear dimmer in the pics. Is that just the settings on the mrds’s or the camera angle?

6 hours ago, Bad_Karma said:

Thanks for posting the pics. I like the size of the window...it reminds me of the Sig Romeo3xl

Is dot on the 2.0 does appear dimmer in the pics. Is that just the settings on the mrds’s or the camera angle?

On my 2.0 the dot is very bright the high setting would it be a problem for anyone even brighter than my vortex venom