Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 320 X Five Question

BamaBrad

Is there a newer X Five or are all the current production ones the same? I have two at my gun store, one in FDE and one with a stainless slide with black frame and curious if there is any difference in newer models vs older ones? Thanks.

They did announce an update to the X5 at Shot. The only difference I know of is the optic cut on the new ones is larger to accommodate the Romeo 2 and Delta Point Pro. They may have some other small changes but I have not heard anything specific.  

They did announce an update to the X5 at Shot. The only difference I know of is the optic cut on the new ones is larger to accommodate the Romeo 2 and Delta Point Pro. They may have some other small changes but I have not heard anything specific.  

Ok, thanks. I didn’t know if there was anything I should look for. Appreciate it.

4 hours ago, BamaBrad said:

Just picked one up FDE. “Born” date of 4/8/2019. Hopefully this on will accept several different options of red dots. Really like this pistol. Actually my first Sig.

Does it accept the DPP without the adaptor plate? I have a DPP sitting around and would like to get a backup X-five that takes the DPP right on the slide. Thanks.

I dont think they released yet. They have a different product number.

p320 x5 r2 I think. 

From my understanding this is what it is spose to say. They were to be released in 2019 I thought, I was hoping mine was one to accept the DPP but it does not say R2.

12 hours ago, BamaBrad said:

Just picked one up FDE. “Born” date of 4/8/2019. Hopefully this on will accept several different options of red dots. Really like this pistol. Actually my first Sig.

Very cool! I've been pretty happy with Sig through the years. The "Born" date I think has the larger slide cut. You could post up a pic and we should be able to tell, or a quick call to Sig should let you know as well. Either way, congrats on the new gun! 

5 hours ago, rocket99 said:

763fef7665c6b6ffabd5c580ca0b5871.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that today. Not sure how I feel about it, though I'm curious just how much the grip module weighs. Have we seen an MSRP on it yet?

Very cool! I've been pretty happy with Sig through the years. The "Born" date I think has the larger slide cut. You could post up a pic and we should be able to tell, or a quick call to Sig should let you know as well. Either way, congrats on the new gun! 

Thanks, I’ll post a pic in just a bit. Fixing to clean it. I’m really liking it. Now, to find a holster, hmmm.

19 hours ago, BamaBrad said:

Here is some pictures of it all dolled up...36af3b847db6baac37cff4ded4eebbf7.jpg173baa377b66b7f14f225dba5cfe5cc1.jpg302c9eec4923ff4d26f378c212c06166.jpg

Eyeballing it, that looks like its the old cut. If you really want to stick with Delta Point Pro, I have heard filing a bit from the front portion of the cutout will allow clearance to fit it (read up in the 79 page X5 thread). Otherwise, Springer Precision makes optics plates for it, that way you can run whatever you want. I went that route with Vortex Razor red dots on my wifes and my X5. 

14 hours ago, BamaBrad said:

Just shot it and beyond pleased. On to search for a duty/range holster.

I don't know about duty, but a great range holster would be Red Hill Tactical. I love mine for range and competition.

Eyeballing it, that looks like its the old cut. If you really want to stick with Delta Point Pro, I have heard filing a bit from the front portion of the cutout will allow clearance to fit it (read up in the 79 page X5 thread). Otherwise, Springer Precision makes optics plates for it, that way you can run whatever you want. I went that route with Vortex Razor red dots on my wifes and my X5. 

Ok, thanks. I will check out Springer Precision and will most likely go with the plates. I am very pleased with my Vortex products and wouldn’t mind one on here.

I don't know about duty, but a great range holster would be Red Hill Tactical. I love mine for range and competition.

I saw that. I liked the looks of it and seemed very durable almost like the DARA holster I have.

18 hours ago, BamaBrad said:

Ok, thanks. I will check out Springer Precision and will most likely go with the plates. I am very pleased with my Vortex products and wouldn’t mind one on here.

You're welcome. Just to give you an idea about how it will look with the plate, these both have the Razor red dots and Red Hill Tactical holsters. Enjoy the new blaster! 

320 X5's compressed.jpeg

Edited by mwin323