Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Austin Lone Star Club Match This Saturday

The Austin Lone Star Practical Pistol Club in Austin, Texas will be hosting it's regularly scheduled IPSC Match. We are having a Limited 10 challenge with a small prize table much like last months Production Challenge.

See webpage ALSPPC

Those who participate in Limited 10 will be eligible to tour the prize table. The way it worked last time was quite a few of us sifted through our sock/junk drawers for stuff we couldn't use. I think everyone got something they could use, so it worked out great.

Now the reason for the Limited 10 Challenge is because our very own Dave Re, AKA XRe, proclaimed himself our local Limited 10 Champion.

Ladies and Gents, I believe a coup de tat is in order. King Xre must be dethroned.

Hope to see you there

Now the reason for the Limited 10 Challenge is because our very own Dave Re, AKA XRe, proclaimed himself our local Limited 10 Champion.

Ladies and Gents, I believe a coup de tat is in order.  King Xre must be dethroned.

Actually, "Re" does mean "king".... :P

[trash talk]Sheldon is entirely full of bull puckey, but I'll wax his ass this weekend anyway. You goin' down, beeyotch![/trash talk] B)

Before Sheldon embellishes me into an a**hat (doesn't take too much, I know...)... the actual statement made was "If my name were Donald Fenderson, I'd say 'I'll kick all y'all's butts in L-10...." (you have to know the history of last month's Production Showdown to get it....).

[more trash talk]Obviously, Sheldon considers me a threat, recognizes my utter greatness, and feels like he needs support from his buddies to pressure me into a humiliating loss. And he feels the need to shoot a fat gun in L-10 like a little pansy boy :blink::blink::D I fully expect to have an arbitration filed against my equipment.... :ph34r: [/more trash talk]

AFAIK, the prize table idea for Production (and to have one for this month, as well) was Sheldon's (well, actually his wife, Marcy's ???). It came together really great last month... should be a lot of fun this month, too, and I get to play this time :)

The single stack L-10 king champion mofo who's going to stomp your butt, that's who!! [smack]!!! B)

Now I don't want to hear "Wah, but you were shooting a widebody and I was shooting a single stack, wah" when you get defeated this weekend little man.

MUWAHAHAHA

Now I don't want to hear "Wah, but you were shooting a widebody and I was shooting a single stack, wah" when you get defeated this weekend little man.

MUWAHAHAHA

I've already reserved the right to whine about that, so... too late!!! :)

You're not allowed to shoot your AirSoft SAW, either.... :lol:

You're right about the arbitration, I am wondering if all that grease is legal.  The last time I saw your gun, it looked pink and I immediately became concerned.  Who the hell has a pink gun?  :P

Well, I, too, handled Xre's gun last month. And, yes, it was pink. But only on the inside.

And as we know, they're all pink on the inside. ;)

-Chet

If your Airsoft can make PF, I'm getting the h*ll out of the way! If my calculations are right, .20 grams = 3.1 grains, so a 165 PF would mean 55,000 fps!

Aren't they .6 gram?? Or are there different weights?? Even so, he only needs to make minor - so that's only a mere 40,322 fps.... :lol:

The problem is... his Glock is select fire.... :blink::wacko:

He may shoot fast and build guns.... But I can't help it if he sees the world through rose colored glasses ;) My gun is blacker than black and it goes to 11!!!

Besides... you're the weenie who has to shoot a fat gun in L-10....

The match was a success. We had 48 shooters of which 27 were in Limited 10 division.

We had enough people donate to our prize table that everyone walked away with a prize.

The Xre vs. General Chang race was close, the fat gun did prevail by only 9 points. Thanks to all those who came to the match and a very special thanks to those who donated to the prize table. Hope to see you next month at our Limited Challenge.

And to anyone who thought the trash talk here on the forum was bad - You shoulda heard it on Squad 3! Phew! :lol:

But it all ended nicely over cafés y cervezas. B)

It was also nice to shoot with Doug Peters who travelled all the way from Pennsylvania to compete with us (although in Open division).

-Chet

The Xre vs. General Chang race was close,

In fact, it came down to the last stage w/ us about neck and neck. I gave up something like 4 seconds on the last stage (a 25rd freestyle field course), due to a couple of errors. Pretty tight race...

Yes, those on squad 3 did need some hip waders... it got pretty deep.

I met a goal yesterday - shot my first clean match since I picked the game up again. Still gave up too many points, but no penalties, no-shoots, or misses. Focus was the best over a whole match, too - just lost it a little on the last stage...

The best part of the whole match occurred after our second stage... hearing General Chang whine "I'm never shooting Limited 10 again!!!" :lol: :lol:

Oh... and I'm happy to say that I was high single stack in the L-10 division :) Everyone else shot those pansy fat guns.... :rolleyes::P:lol::lol:

Great match y'all. Sorry I couldn't hang out for results, as I am sure that was a real dog and pony show.

What I gotta know is did Dave take that bad assed filero that he donated off the prize table???

Top C doesn't suck after dropping 3 mikes on the first stage............. good thing I burned down the last one. But I don't think that Bruce is ever gonna share his plans on how to shoot a stage with me ever again........

It was also nice to shoot with Doug Peters who travelled all the way from Pennsylvania to compete with us (although in Open division).

-Chet

Thanks Chet, " too bad I left my brain in Pennsylvania on a couple stages." The next time I borrow your gear do me a favor, glue a little hair around your magwell so I can hit the hole.

Thanks for everything. I had a great time. The next time I work to TX. I'll try to stop back.

Doug