Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters Connection Belt overlap

clw42

I'm going to replace my current Blade Tek with a SC belt.  I currently use a ratchet, so I'd like to buy a belt size that I won't have to cut.  DAA belts have ~7-8" of overlap, so if you order a size 28, the belt is ~35" long.  This is right at the cusp for me and with a ratchet might cause some crumpling.  I know I can cut a belt, but I'd rather just get one that I can drill and fit with the ratchet without cutting.

So my question for you folks that have SC belts is, what is the actual length of your belt relative to the size you purchased?

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: My 36" waist belt measures 45" overall length. This is a gray Shooters Connection belt. I get them a little oversize so when it is winter time I get wear thicker clothes under the belt. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Thanks Eric.  Looks like they're probably all about the same and I'm not going to have a choice but to cut one.  Even if I bought the SC size 28, and add the nine(ish) inches, it's going to be a tad too long.  Perfect info though, exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!

pay close attention to their sizing. I bought a single belt for IDPA and made the mistake of ordering my belt size and not reading the fine print (some of their belts sizes are overall length). For the single belt, I went back and got a 40 and it is just a hair too long for my 34-35in waist. I make it work, and there is extra room if I wanted to wear heavier clothes (though quite unlikely in S Louisiana). I kept the original 36in belt to give to a new or youth shooter in the future (it was only $18 after all).

Got my SC belt last week.  I was able to cut it over the weekend.  I actually scored the nylon with a new razor, all the way around, so it wouldn't tear and fray.  When I went to bend it to separate it, the piece snapped off cleanly.  Worked out really well.  Cauterized the nylon with a soldering iron, then burnt through for the ratchet mounting screws and tee nuts.  Cam out great!