Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bear Creek Moly Coated Bullets

rharris

Has anyone had any experience using BearCreek Moly Coated Bullets, and if so what has been your experience in using for IDPA/IPSC?

I use them currently for IPSC and have used them on and off for several years in several calibers. I currently have loads for them in 38/357, 40, 9mm, and used to load them in 45 when I had one. I am debating purchasing some for a 32 S&W long. They simply work. I notice less smoke than other lead uncoated bullets and they smoke a little more that jacketed and plated stuff, but overall they are a good bargain IMO.

You can probably do a search of the forum and find many comments on them.

Vince

I have tried them and have friends that shoot them. We have all noticed the sizing and weight was not very consistant which lead to others going minor at matchs. This was a few years ago so they might have tightened up their quality control. Just my 2C

Ktyler

• 2 years later...

try www.bearcreeksupply.com

They have raised their prices quite a bit. Their 40s have gone from 28 per 500 to 34. Even when I got the 5% discount MB had a better price if you bought their big case per thousand. I'm going to try a K of MB and see if they are the similar or not.

Edited by steel1212

You have to call them direct to order. I placed and order online and after 2 weeks and no charge on my CC I gave them a call. I was told by person that answered phone that the web site was "down" and did not forward any orders to them. I placed order over phone and had the bullets in 3 days. I have shot several thousand of them and I find that I prefer the Precision Bullets over the Bear Creek. The price difference is less than .o1 cent per round between the two.

http://www.precisionbullets.com/

Edited by sarnburg

There good bullets. As someone else mentioned, there not quite as consistent in weight as some of the other manufacture's. For example; their 230gn bullet may vary anywhere from 228gn to 232gn. Not a biggie though if you load a little on the higher side of PF.