Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC and movement

Cool! If I identify my $20 bill as a $100 bill will they let me make purchases accordingly, would sure help out buying gun stuff 😀. Hey like the rest of us I'm not getting any younger either. I'm glad to hear that physical training will definitely help at any age of this game. "Shoot well and prosper"

On 5/5/2019 at 5:32 AM, devilsdenguns said:

A 2 day PCC class of the same quality as what Stoeger, Racaza, etc. offer for pistol would sell out in minutes here.

There’s plenty of carbine and rifle instructors out there. Maybe not competition specific but all the dynamics and ergonomics can be applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's not competition specific, then what's the point?  I've checked out every carbine/rifle class in the DFW area, and called several.  They're all about warfighting with a rifle.  Concealing your position, engaging at range while using cover, covering teammates advances.  I'm not taking any class where plate carriers are strongly recommended.  

This is a game of tenths or hundredths of a second.  The top pistol instructors are examining your entry and exit from firing positions, your footwork, transition speed, stage planning, and a bunch of other factors that collectively will push you from also-ran to the next level up.  These skills can certainly have applications in the real tactical environments the rile classes around here purport to teach, but unless you're going to the John Wick school of close combat they're certainly not going to be emphasized.  

There's a bunch of people out here yelling 'take my money'.  Someone just needs to step up and take it.

If it's not competition specific, then what's the point?  I've checked out every carbine/rifle class in the DFW area, and called several.  They're all about warfighting with a rifle.  Concealing your position, engaging at range while using cover, covering teammates advances.  I'm not taking any class where plate carriers are strongly recommended.  

This is a game of tenths or hundredths of a second.  The top pistol instructors are examining your entry and exit from firing positions, your footwork, transition speed, stage planning, and a bunch of other factors that collectively will push you from also-ran to the next level up.  These skills can certainly have applications in the real tactical environments the rile classes around here purport to teach, but unless you're going to the John Wick school of close combat they're certainly not going to be emphasized.  

There's a bunch of people out here yelling 'take my money'.  Someone just needs to step up and take it.

I think you can tell who the real dudes are if you ask them to tailor the class to you, and if they didn’t then...we’ll go elsewhere.

Where are you at? I know the amu action shooting team dudes out here are doing some private courses and classes.
Joel turner for one. John browning. If you’re within driving distance I’m sure they would be more than willing to do a class specific to your skill level and needs.

4 hours ago, devilsdenguns said:

I think you can tell who the real dudes are if you ask them to tailor the class to you, and if they didn’t then...we’ll go elsewhere.

Where are you at? I know the amu action shooting team dudes out here are doing some private courses and classes.
Joel turner for one. John browning. If you’re within driving distance I’m sure they would be more than willing to do a class specific to your skill level and needs.

DFW - Dallas/Ft. Worth.  I wouldn't be interested in flying to a class, though the 5 day pistol or PCC camp at TPC in Utah is tempting.  Driving 5-6 hours to North Texas, OK, West Arkansas, etc wouldn't be out of the question, though I'd of course prefer a local option.  We have three national caliber ranges in DFW and dozens of smaller sites, and a huge action shooting customer base.  Getting a dozen people to pay $400-$500 for a 2 day course would be as simple as announcing it.  Racaza, Stoeger, etc. regularly sell out every course they do here.

Teaching optimal movement is the thread topic and probably the biggest need.