Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon RMR as Open Optic

geraldskip

Hello! 

Just curious as to why we don’t see more Trijicon RMRs on Open guns. 

I’ve been thinking about it and the fact they mount so low and are incredibly rugged is really tempting. 

I have a couple RMRs on CO guns and really like them. I’ve never had one break and I have seen way too many Vipers, Venoms, Deltapoints, and even C-Mores go down. 

Is it it just because the window is so small in comparison to the delta point and RTS?

Part of me is tempted by the fiber optic ones because you can find them for pretty cheap and they are arguably more rugged then the LED models. 

What do you guys think?

8 minutes ago, geraldskip said:

Is it it just because the window is so small in comparison to the delta point and RTS?

Part of me is tempted by the fiber optic ones because you can find them for pretty cheap and they are arguably more rugged then the LED models

What do you guys think?

yes, the tiny window is not optimum.

the fiber optic ones are great most of the time but then suck horribly some of the time. I shot a match where there was a lot of shade from trees over the shooting area on several stages and the dot was super dim, shot another stage at the same match from inside a shelter with targets out in the sun, dot was totally gone, like tried to find it at make ready but couldn't see it at all, I had to point shoot the whole stage, it did not go well.

I had one on a carry gun, it was good for that purpose in my opinion but the glass is small and horribly dark in comparison to the current prevalent micros you’ll see on open guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk