Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold DELTA POINT PRO

Czgunsalot

I just bought a use delta point pro and unsure how many rds it has been through.  The data I’ve found is their good for about 8-10k.

my question is has anyone dealt with Leupold?

Does anyone know how much they would charge to pretty much refurbish it?  (I plan to shoot a big match with it and don’t want the dot dying on me durning the match)

Everyones experiences would be appreciated

thank you.

1 hour ago, Explosiveo said:

They will fix it for free if it breaks. I wouldn't worry about it. Shoot it till it starts doing weird s#!t. They are pretty tough. You may get much more then 10k before it breaks.

👍

My first one, a year and a half ago, lasted 3-4 months frame mounted to a 9mm major gun.  It started turning itself off.  Leupold replaced it with a new one.  I traded it, a 2.5 MOA, for a 7.5 triangle.  The 7.5 only lasted 4-5 months, 5-6K rounds, on the same gun, but most of the ammo this time was for SCSA or Pro-Am knock down steel matches (125 - 150 PF).  This time it started flickering.  Leupold replaced the board with an upgraded board.  While it was in for warranty repair, I worked thru the extraction/ejection issues and put a C-More back on my Open gun.

When the 7.5 came back I put in on a G17 CO gun.  I was guessing it would be dead in a 1000 rounds.  I was wrong.  It's now on a Zev slide cut the the DP.  I'm well over 8K rounds between the two slides, and it still works.  Maybe the new board fixed the issues of the older versions.

There are two common problems with the DP Pro, and Leupold is working on both. The problems are a failure of the motion detector, which then does not “wake the dot up,” and the “+” that locates the battery slipping. When the + slips down,  the dot starts intermittent and ultimately hard fails. Hopefully the fixes work, and quickly find their way to production units. Until then, you can look in your battery compartment and see if the + is well centered, or has started moving which indicates imminent failure. 

Here is the + with slight migration.

87DDCF2C-ABCC-47A6-B5D1-107CB9EB41BE.jpeg

On 3/31/2019 at 6:53 PM, cferree said:

My first one, a year and a half ago, lasted 3-4 months frame mounted to a 9mm major gun.  It started turning itself off.  Leupold replaced it with a new one.  I traded it, a 2.5 MOA, for a 7.5 triangle.  The 7.5 only lasted 4-5 months, 5-6K rounds, on the same gun, but most of the ammo this time was for SCSA or Pro-Am knock down steel matches (125 - 150 PF).  This time it started flickering.  Leupold replaced the board with an upgraded board.  While it was in for warranty repair, I worked thru the extraction/ejection issues and put a C-More back on my Open gun.

When the 7.5 came back I put in on a G17 CO gun.  I was guessing it would be dead in a 1000 rounds.  I was wrong.  It's now on a Zev slide cut the the DP.  I'm well over 8K rounds between the two slides, and it still works.  Maybe the new board fixed the issues of the older versions.

That’s awesome I’m gonna try to contact Leupold and see if they can check the one I have had the upgraded board

7 hours ago, GJM said:

Just got back from range, shooting a DP Pro, and when I “post flighted” the optic, this is what I found. Another one headed back to Oregon.

01D50BCC-D9E7-4A39-8B21-90D2100C131E.jpeg

Man what the!!!  I hope they get this fixed. As in long term fix

1 hour ago, Czgunsalot said:

That’s awesome I’m gonna try to contact Leupold and see if they can check the one I have had the upgraded board

There is no upgraded board yet. I start testing a prototype in the next week or so, to see if the fix works.