Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aimpoint acro p1 in carry optics

Chompion

The aimpoint acro will be coming out in the next month or two. Anyone planning to run one in carry optics? If anyone has had a chance to look at one and provide any feedback, that would be greatly appreciated! Debating between the aimpoint or the delta point pro

• 1 month later...

I have one on the way and my slide is at KE Arms right now getting milled for it.

For a purely USPSA carry optics application a DPP is probably better, but I'm going to use this gun/optic for general defensive duty and competition so I wanted Aimpoint level bombproofness.

I won't have any backup irons on this gun, I want the optic to totally replace the sighting system and force me to learn to use a dot effectively for all applications.

11 hours ago, MPF said:

I won't have any backup irons on this gun, I want the optic to totally replace the sighting system and force me to learn to use a dot effectively for all applications.

For a competition gun, I get this, but for a defensive / duty gun this seems like a bad idea. Backup irons aren’t about using them because you can’t use the dot in certain situations, they’re about having an option to fall back on if the optic for some reason fails. 

That said, I’ve seen more than one Open or Carry Optics shooter forget to turn their dot on or have it fail during a stage and shoot without a dot, just using the window and their index to aim. Some of them even did pretty well, although this technique is probably limited in how accurate you can be and requires that you have a consistent index in order to work at all.