Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TP9 SFX - Weak Ejecting Magazines

shakin_bakin

I googled and looked around the forum. I've never had any issues with magazines not ejecting until recently. I've cleaned the magazines and the magwell so that its clean enough I cant get any debris on my finger. 
some magazines might eject a little better than others, but not by much. Besides the spring in the magazine assisting ejection is there any other spring I should look at? Or is it maybe that my polymer gun's magwell has been beat up from magazine changes and has burrs in it or something? I mean I can feel some resistance near the bottom, but I look in it and t doesn't look to bad. 

Thanks for the help! 

44 minutes ago, PlayFront36 said:

I noticed the same issues when handling the TP9SF Elite at the gun shop.  My cousin owns a TP9SFx and swears his magazines drop free.  Seems intermittent.

mine used to drop awesome. No issues. Its like there was a rocket pushing them out... Now I have to pull half of them.... 

54 minutes ago, Dan Sierpina said:

No springs, gravity does it. Hold the gun in a vertical  orientation when you make a reload. If that's not helping, look to see where the magazine tube is dragging in the frame.

gravity... great... its also the thing I hate when I step my fat a$$ on a scale... hehe 

Thanks for the answer though!

I read a post that talked about taking really fine grit sand paper and making the entire mag well about a couple thousands bigger... thoughts? 

22 minutes ago, shakin_bakin said:

mine used to drop awesome. No issues. Its like there was a rocket pushing them out... Now I have to pull half of them.... 

That sounds like weakening magazine springs to me.  

If all we did was drop full magazines they would work great!

20 minutes ago, shakin_bakin said:

umm do they go bad in less than a year? I mean I do shoot like 1500 rounds a month. But they only get loaded to like 8 rounds at a time and I have 6 magazines I rotate through. 

Springs wear when cycled.  Whether you load them to 15rd or 5 or 10.  Shooting 18,000 rounds a year sure sounds like it could do it...

10 hours ago, PlayFront36 said:

Springs wear when cycled.  Whether you load them to 15rd or 5 or 10.  Shooting 18,000 rounds a year sure sounds like it could do it...

I actually have a backup gun that has less than 200 rounds through it, I'll try them in that one as its only been shot once.
Secondly, I also have about 4 brand new magazines I can try to use just to seperate rather its a gun issue or a magazine issue.

9 hours ago, highhope said:

it sounds like the follower stucks...  

Like the follower inside the magazine? I took the mags apart, cleaned them, and put them back together hoping that was the case. Didnt do anything.

I will say, it is kind of interesting how the mags are all starting to go bad at a similar time. I do rotate between the same six mags.

Buy an extended or “plus 10%” spring for the Walther (easier to find parts for) and see if it helps.

If it does, buy more.

And personally, I’d absolutely wrap some sandpaper around a length of 1x2 and try to open up the grip a few thousandths and/or remove any burrs it might happen to find.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

20 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Buy an extended or “plus 10%” spring for the Walther (easier to find parts for) and see if it helps.

If it does, buy more.

And personally, I’d absolutely wrap some sandpaper around a length of 1x2 and try to open up the grip a few thousandths and/or remove any burrs it might happen to find.

I used my backup gun and all the mags ejected fine. But new mags ejected like a rocket out of my backup gun and not so great out of my competition gun. So I knew it was the gun.

I lightly sanded but used my finger to just clean up the spots I can see are roughed up from jamming mags in and out. The mags eject with no issues again.

thanks for the help!