Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weird issue SP01 tac

f2benny

Brain trust what do you make of this.  My buddy was shooting his SP01 tac with a milled slide by CGW and a DPP.  At the end of the stage after the last shot the slide release fell to the ground and the slide moved half way down the slide.  The slide stop was not broken or unusual in any way.  The recoil spring and guide rod were assembled on the barrel and slide and there was a live round in the chamber.  We disassembled the gun at the safe table and everything looked normal.  Once it was put back together it shot 2-3 more stages without any issue.

I've never seen anything like that before.  Any thoughts how that could occur?  The slide stop was snug in the gun once it was assembled again too.

Brain trust what do you make of this.  My buddy was shooting his SP01 tac with a milled slide by CGW and a DPP.  At the end of the stage after the last shot the slide release fell to the ground and the slide moved half way down the slide.  The slide stop was not broken or unusual in any way.  The recoil spring and guide rod were assembled on the barrel and slide and there was a live round in the chamber.  We disassembled the gun at the safe table and everything looked normal.  Once it was put back together it shot 2-3 more stages without any issue.

I've never seen anything like that before.  Any thoughts how that could occur?  The slide stop was snug in the gun once it was assembled again too.
slide stop might have started walking out slowly while shooting. hopefully doesn't happen again

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Joedirt199 said:

That slide stop nub is pretty far forward to be riding with anything. It's hard enough to push the slide stop out with a fully functioning detent spring to keep it in. My money is on #4 is missing or broke since it keeps the tension on the spring to hold the slide stop in place.

^^ Yep that's where my money is also