Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ATI PCC upgrades?

Hello. Any ATI PCC owners out there that have recommendations for upgrade specifics done? Trigger brand, magwell brand, better rail etc. Looking to make mine a little more competitive over stock. Any experienced advice is appreciated, thank you.

12 hours ago, vgdvc said:

Thanks. Did you find a particular buffer/spring set up that worked well?

The Blitzkrieg with JP 308 carbine spring and JP bolt was as far as I went with that gun. That was a pretty nice combination from what I can remember.

It's a decent upper, lower and barrel.

I prefer a side charger, so I changed the upper, but there was nothing wrong with the OEM upper. 

Trigger was crap.

Bolt works fine, but seems a bit hard on firing pins if you dry fire. The tip breaks off. Haven't been able to figure out why. No burs, the firing pin hole is centered, and nothing seems wrong, except if I dry fire it more than maybe 25 times, it breaks the tip off the firing pin. I have a Taccom bolt on order, hopefully it helps. 

Handguard could be longer (15" on a 16" barrel seems to be the preferred configuration), but it's a decent piece otherwise. 

I had a squbfest at a match and bulged the last three inches of barrel. I cut it to 10", pinned and welded an .75" ID aluminum tube on the flat where the gas block would be if it had one and it's now much lighter in front and feels really nice. No perceivable loss of muzzle velocity, so my loads stay the same. 

14 hours ago, robertg5322 said:

It's a decent upper, lower and barrel.

I prefer a side charger, so I changed the upper, but there was nothing wrong with the OEM upper. 

Trigger was crap.

Bolt works fine, but seems a bit hard on firing pins if you dry fire. The tip breaks off. Haven't been able to figure out why. No burs, the firing pin hole is centered, and nothing seems wrong, except if I dry fire it more than maybe 25 times, it breaks the tip off the firing pin. I have a Taccom bolt on order, hopefully it helps. 

Handguard could be longer (15" on a 16" barrel seems to be the preferred configuration), but it's a decent piece otherwise. 

I had a squbfest at a match and bulged the last three inches of barrel. I cut it to 10", pinned and welded an .75" ID aluminum tube on the flat where the gas block would be if it had one and it's now much lighter in front and feels really nice. No perceivable loss of muzzle velocity, so my loads stay the same. 

Thanks for the advice. Is the firing pin proprietary to the design of the bolt used and available only from ATI or is it a standard firing pin from AR-15/5.56 specs?

On 2/14/2019 at 10:42 AM, jlo86cj said:

The Blitzkrieg with JP 308 carbine spring and JP bolt was as far as I went with that gun. That was a pretty nice combination from what I can remember.

I just ordered a Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer and .308 carbine spring to give a try. I also have a Hiperfire 24c coming for hopefully a nice trigger upgrade.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:42 AM, jlo86cj said:

This is exactly the route I went also.  I swapped to an ACE entry stock to have a shorter pull, and slightly less weight, and replaced the FH with a 3 chamber "brake" (not because I was trying to control recoil, but just to reflect more sound back to the timer - haven't had to re-shoot since).  I am currently using a well polished GI trigger group, but I have a couple of drop-ins on the shelf if this fails.  Oh, and I also put on a CF FF tube, and an ERGO grip...I guess the only stock parts are the upper, lower, and barrel...

Taccom used to make a Magwell, and it was good, but soft.  I now run a Titan Rocket magwell and I couldn't be happier.

Edited by barrysuperhawk
2 hours ago, barrysuperhawk said:

This is exactly the route I went also.  I swapped to an ACE entry stock to have a shorter pull, and slightly less weight, and replaced the FH with a 3 chamber "brake" (not because I was trying to control recoil, but just to reflect more sound back to the timer - haven't had to re-shoot since).  I am currently using a well polished GI trigger group, but I have a couple of drop-ins on the shelf if this fails.  Oh, and I also put on a CF FF tube, and an ERGO grip...I guess the only stock parts are the upper, lower, and barrel...

Taccom used to make a Magwell, and it was good, but soft.  I now run a Titan Rocket magwell and I couldn't be happier.

Great info,thanks! I'm hoping the factory bolt works well with the Blitzkrieg at least initially. I'll have to look into that Magwell.