Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Sight Issues

nzfubz

The problems I am having with the sights on my SVI go back a while, first being a custom front dovetail that is nowhere near a standard STI/SVI and even a little to big for a Kimber/Novak. Anyway I have now fitted a 0.175T Brazos and its in and solid.

The main issue is the elevation in the rear sight. As you can see by the photos I have none left before the screw is dangerously close to last threads and therefore likely to fall out in a comp. I could also do with even more clicks....... Has anyone got any suggestions of a sight combo or other ideas on how I can get the rear sight down to a safe level giving me adjustment? I could get the 0.200T but I'm not sure it will make enough difference?

20190131_203524.jpg

20190131_203535.jpg

20190131_203539.jpg

20190131_203545.jpg

2 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

I had this issue with an older SV that I once owned as well.  I went with as short a front sight as I could get and the rear was still pretty high.

Hmmm maybe I should have gone to the .150T at least the .160 will give me a few more threads in for safety.

3 minutes ago, nzfubz said:

Hmmm maybe I should have gone to the .150T at least the .160 will give me a few more threads in for safety.

It's been some years, but i want to say mine was a .14 or .15 front.  I had no issues with fittiment.  Dawson knew what dovetail to cut.

2 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

It's been some years, but i want to say mine was a .14 or .15 front.  I had no issues with fittiment.  Dawson knew what dovetail to cut.

Unfortunatlly Dawson don't ship to New Zealand so I'm limited to what Speedshooters or Brownells have in stock :(