Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TP 9SFX

WarBoom

it's simple to take apart (detailed in Canik forum.com )...... Canik uses a thread locker on the nose of the recoil rod...use vice grip pliers, to push spring down so you don't over-heat it. on flat surface or bench vise , lock pliers to guide rod, heat cap and remove it,    ,  . Use the Glock in battery test for slide lock-up test..... I've said I think a Glock 14# recoil spring would be perfect  but none available that I know of. The Glock gen 3  13# recoil setup with gen 4 adaptor sleeve would not always return to full lock up for me..... I used a bench grinder to remove 3 or 4 coils (SEE glock battery reset test)
I know you posted the above a while ago, but I want to make sure I'm clear on something. If you take apart the stock Canik guide rod assembly, you can use what brand Glock Springs on the factory guide rod?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

When I had a Canik, I took the factory rod apart and tried aftermarket Glock recoil springs. The factory rod’s diameter was too large to use Glock springs. I ended up using an uncaptured Glock guide rod so I could use readily available Glock springs.

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2020 at 3:19 PM, RAP said:

I use tungsten guide rod from W74. They are made for the Canik TP9SFx. I have 2 of them. 1 in my practice gun and 1 in my match gun. You use commander 1911 springs. I have about 5,000 rounds on my practice gun since installed with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you need any adapter for the commander spring ?  Or does it just fit in the slide groove ?

Just now, WarBoom said:

You need a guide rod that is 1911 diameter.

I bought the W74 and i'm waiting on the Wolff 14 lb commander spring. I just wantes to make sure that's all I needed. The spring seats in the front of the slide ?

I read people using glock adapters and machining them to fit ?  I just got the gun, friggin love it.. 

I bought the W74 and i'm waiting on the Wolff 14 lb commander spring. I just wantes to make sure that's all I needed. The spring seats in the front of the slide ?
I read people using glock adapters and machining them to fit ?  I just got the gun, friggin love it.. 

Yep it’ll fit. Sometimes you have to bend the tail of the spring out slightly so it fits a bit better. 1911 guide rod is an almost perfect fit for the slide.

1 minute ago, WarBoom said:

Yep it’ll fit. Sometimes you have to bend the tail of the spring out slightly so it fits a bit better. 1911 guide rod is an almost perfect fit for the slide.

The TP9SFX has gotta be the best competition gun for the price hands down.. I can't believe I didn't get one sooner.. I'm having a Glock Clearance sale soon.

The TP9SFX has gotta be the best competition gun for the price hands down.. I can't believe I didn't get one sooner.. I'm having a Glock Clearance sale soon.

Absolutely. Can’t be beat for the price. I put 20k thru mine and a buddy is still running it.

Just now, WarBoom said:

Absolutely. Can’t be beat for the price. I put 20k thru mine and a buddy is still running it.

What happens if you put the pig tail end of the spring towards the guide rod ?  Is it a major difference ?   

What happens if you put the pig tail end of the spring towards the guide rod ?  Is it a major difference ?   

The coiled end will scratch the heck out of the rod.

Do you need any adapter for the commander spring ?  Or does it just fit in the slide groove ?

Fits great. No adapter needed. I think the tungsten guide rod makes a nice improvement to the Canik.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk