5.4 gr Unique powder

Federal small pistol primer

PCC Specs:
Taccom Complete ULW upper HG ramped barrel

Taccom PCC adjustable recoil System

Taccom Extreme 9mm Bolt

Gibbz Arms lower

Milspec trigger

Last year I got into the PCC game and my pistol loads showed pressure signs.  It is very inconsistent pressure signs, but when I buy factory ammo I do not get any pressure signs.  I can shoot the load above with no pressure,  I have also worked that load down to the lowest load with the unique that will cycle the pistol.  It was 4.2 grains if I remember correctly (I'm at work and will have to look at my notes when I get home).  Even at the lowest load when the PCC and my handguns would still cycle, I would get pressure signs.  I can shoot Factory UMC bullets in a bucket and not get any pressure signs.  Please let me know your suggestions.  I am loading on a Dillon 1050.  Buying factory ammo will not be an option. 

I noticed you are using Federal SPP for hand loads but shooting Remington factory loads. Are you judging "pressure signs" off of the primers? If so Federal primers are butter soft and it will appear to be high pressure when none exists. Try your load with a CCI primer to see if you still see a high pressure sign.

3 hours ago, bowenbuilt said:

I noticed you are using Federal SPP for hand loads but shooting Remington factory loads. Are you judging "pressure signs" off of the primers? If so Federal primers are butter soft and it will appear to be high pressure when none exists. Try your load with a CCI primer to see if you still see a high pressure sign.

I will try some CCI primers

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

You aren’t increasing chamber pressure by moving to a longer barrel. Continue to shoot your handgun load.

Reading primers is more guesswork than science anyway.

Ok, It has had some pierced primers though

3 hours ago, HoMiE said:

Are you getting pressured signs in the PCC and not the handgun or both? If it’s just the PCC your  bullets could be setback in pcc from hitting front of barrel

not in any handgun that I have shot and they have mostly been glock, but also M&P and a Hudson H9.  I thought it might be that, but this has a ramped barrel.  

You can still get bullet setback with a ramped barrel. Rack a round and check to make sure that’s not going on.

do it st range or remove firing pin from bolt. 

Edited by HoMiE
Safety