Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Options for California Featureless PCC?

Can anyone recommend PCC options that meet the California featureless requirements?  Not a lot of PCC shooters around here (perhaps because of the laws) but I'm curious what good options are.

(Obviously not looking for a debate on the laws, just how best to deal with them.)

Can anyone recommend PCC options that meet the California featureless requirements?  Not a lot of PCC shooters around here (perhaps because of the laws) but I'm curious what good options are.

(Obviously not looking for a debate on the laws, just how best to deal with them.)
O there are PCC shooters in California....lol. I guess it depends on which part of the state your in. I shoot at Richmond and yolo and there are a good amount of PCC guys at these matches.

There are a ton of great options, but if your looking for factory options JP makes a CA featurless version. For the most part featureless is the way to go when it comes to being compliant. Other than that highly recommend building your own. There are a couple 9mms lowers that trickle in to local stores from time to time.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

As far as products for a build I can recommend resurgentarms.com they have all the components necessary to meet featureless criteria. The owner, Will, is very accessible and helpful.

Calguns.net is a great resource for California related gun questions and resources.

I'm in the South Bay, I'll have to come check out the action up at Richmond sometime.  I'll also take a look at those carbines.

Not just Richmond, if you get out Davis (Yolo Sportsmen) or Linden (near Stockton) you'll see a lot of the same guys going to the matches at these places. I know Almaden Valley has a club but they don't have matches in the winter.

The NorCal PCC Championship is even coming up in June @ Richmond. Resurgent was just announced as a sponsor.

For an AR get a nonthreaded barrel and a Strike Industries fin, which really isn’t the end of the world once you get used to it.  

The safest bet is to go with the  Ruger PCC that you can buy across the counter.  Not only is it legal now, it is sufficiently “not evil enough” that it might not be affected by future laws, and it lacks qualities that mightbopen it up for legal interpretation.  “Might” being the operative term in the previous sentence, of course, because the laws here change on a daily basis.  TACCOM and probably others are coming out with enough Ruger after market parts that it’s starting to sound like a real contender regardless.  

The only long term safe bet?  Take up knitting instead.

Edited by jkrispies

I have been dealing with this issue for a few years. Pretty much any of the stock solutions worked for an AR-15 but any of the fin solutions I tried would allow some part of my strong hand to wind up bleeding after heavy use of of my AR-9s. Some part of my hand would get worn due to the recoil. After some experiments with a modified Exile Machine Hammer Head, wound up using Resurgent Arms featureless stock. I beveled the bottom of the end plate and the leading edge of the buffer tube rail to allow a bit more hand clearance. I can get on the short-throw selector with my long thumb but an extended selector may be necessary. The Resurgent grip is shown on the rifle in the pic. I have gotten so used to it that I did not take it off when I went to my last out of state match. It did kind of baffle the chrono guy.:roflol:

Later,

Chuck

grips.jpg

Edited by ChuckS
fixed some stuff...

To digress, FoxTrot Mike makes a ready to go upper that is CA compliant with a comp for a decent price. Primary arms and Brownells carries them and you'll be hard pressed to find a complete upper with BCG for a better price.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk