Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Major Compensator

WarBoom

16 hours ago, WarBoom said:

The cheely 5 port is one that I’ve been looking at. My deltapoint mount is one of his undrilled models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up one of the Cheely mount with undrilled holes.  Did you put in the holes yourself or have a smith do it?

I just picked up one of the Cheely mount with undrilled holes.  Did you put in the holes yourself or have a smith do it?

Had a smith do it. They weren’t spaced with the normal 5x.375 but a funky 6x.325-.345

9 minutes ago, WarBoom said:

Had a smith do it. They weren’t spaced with the normal 5x.375 but a funky 6x.325-.345

I'm in a similar situation.  9 holes, 3 different sizes, weird spacing

I'm in a similar situation.  9 holes, 3 different sizes, weird spacing

He mapped it all out and made a test piece before touching the mount. I probably could have done it but it would have taken ten times as long.

Try dryfiring it first, make sure the extractor works well with 9mm.  Sometimes that has to be adjusted slightly.

You may also be able to load longer, but always do a Plunk test to make sure the length isn't excessive.

Edited by Steve RA
Forgot the longer loading part

Try dryfiring it first, make sure the extractor works well with 9mm.  Sometimes that has to be adjusted slightly.
You may also be able to load longer, but always do a Plunk test to make sure the length isn't excessive.

It extracts super comp perfectly I doubt 9mm will give it an issue. I’m more worried about it getting pushed into the chamber too far. But if it works for others it might work for me.

Add the binary engineering CFD comp to your list, I just finished up a major 9 build with 2 poppers holes and it shoots flatter than my 38 supercomp with the brazos  comp

I’m also running a caspian, The original caspian mags were marked 9mm/38 super and mine runs both with no problem

I think the extractor will keep it from going into the chamber too far.  Try a couple of primed cases and see how the primer looks after "firing".

It fired magtech 115s 9mm almost perfectly. Slide was a little slow but I expected that. 3 out of the 50 were chambered fully/too far and had to be shaken out of the barrel unfired. Too bad I’ve already ordered a new barrel and comp.

Remember, the extractor needs to be adjusted, otherwise you would not have the three slip past and if they are loaded longer that will also help.  I doubt they can be loaded to Super length but another 25 thousandths would probably work.  However, points for trying !

Remember, the extractor needs to be adjusted, otherwise you would not have the three slip past and if they are loaded longer that will also help.  I doubt they can be loaded to Super length but another 25 thousandths would probably work.  However, points for trying !

I have a 9mm barrel and comp coming. I was interested if it work more than anything.