Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE BOARD ELECTIONS

Did anyone get a ballot for the current Board?  Elections were supposed to be in Apr to May.  New board to take office July 1.  I know of no one who got one.

The person who posted the question has not been a current ICORE member for 18 months and would not have received ICORE news describing election process and results. Overdue memberships and other monies owed to the organization would be causes of non-membership. The chairman is always available to discuss miscellaneous issues at chair@icore.org. Happy holidays everyone!

I am a member and in June received notification of 2 year terms for Board of Directors beginning July 1st.

This notification included the following statement - "Since there was no opposition for any elected position and no conflict within the bylaws, ICORE was able to dispense with a formal vote."

I also received a "Cylinders Turn" in August (electronic/email).  

I do believe that the bylaws allow write in votes and there was no opportunity to do so.  As for membership yes I am not a current member. However, that does not preclude me from being concerned that the board had not followed the bylaws which have been filed with the IRS under the provisions of of a 501C3 org.

You've got the right but not the responsibility since you're not a member.

BTW I was informed of what was going on and as stated no opposition!

Rejoin and state your concern to the board for consideration at the next election

FWIW

Just a bit of information... ICORE is not a 501c3, and ICORE does have the right to finalize the election process as it occurred. Any further posting by the originator really should be done factually, and the originator may want to consider responding to the chairman instead of using this forum in a way that probably wasn’t intended. 

Edited by Baredogs

40 minutes ago, Baredogs said:

Just a bit of information... ICORE is not a 501c3, and ICORE does have the right to finalize the election process as it occurred. Any further posting by the originator really should be done factually, and the originator may want to consider responding to the chairman instead of using this forum in a way that probably wasn’t intended. 

And with this nice segue, this thread is closed due to (ICORE) political content...